Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Air Gauge Tool
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  12:30:22  Show Profile
I have outer laced wheels fitted to my P type and the valves are inclined inwards.

As my years are advancing my hands are not as adept at fitting the air gauge to the valve ie the spokes get in the way.

Can anyone suggest the Name/Title of the correct airline tool that may help me overcome this problem.

At the moment I have a flexible rubber hose from the Gauge to the Valve, ideally I think I need a fixed metal tube that will stay rigid when pressed against the tyre valve.

Regards
Arthritic-ally

Russ
PB0333

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  12:58:53  Show Profile
Russ, you could tape the airline to a piece of stiff wire or other suitable object bent to the desired shape to enable you to apple the nozzle to the valve.

Sounds as though the tubes were not fitted correctly if the valves are facing backwards !

Hope that helps.

Take care,

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 22/04/2020 13:00:12
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  15:04:47  Show Profile
Russ

You didn't say if your rims have the valve hole in the central well or towards the side.
Thus there are two varieties of tube. I suspect that you have a tube for the type of rim that you don't have.

Original rims had central valve holes - later ones have offset holes.
Go to Top of Page

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  15:17:50  Show Profile
Russ

In that you are where you are with your tyres / tubes and only want to inflate them!!

You need something with an end like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCL-Air-Line-Tyre-Inflator-Connector-Twin-Hold-On-Open-End-Valve-Connectors/123972012658?hash=item1cdd4eca72:g:cIkAAOSwqzFdxatF
which will take a PCL connector to your air line. No gauge but I would never trust a cheap gauge anyway.

Keep safe and well.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2020 :  10:11:47  Show Profile
Thanks to all that replied and sensible suggestions.

I now have a good idea of what I need.

TonyM has put hie finger on one problem that I have and that is that the spare has an inclined hole in the rim but appears that the inner tube valve is vertical, I can inflate it because it is the spare but it niggles me think that someone in the past bodged it.

Thanks again to every one and stay safe.

Russ
PB0333
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000