Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Show and Shine
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2008 :  14:29:32  Show Profile
For the first time today the MG Car Club of South Australia ran this less-formal event in lieu of our biennial Concours d'Elegance which we have successfully held for over 50 years! Numbers were down a bit (but still over 100 cars) but the highlights (for us prewar diehards anyway) were, inter alia, the ex-Bira MG K3 (perhaps the most original K3 in existence) and the ex-Bobby Baird R-type (superbly restored and in the family of the present owner's hands for over 40 years!), both of which live in Adelaide. Quite a few other prewars attended on the day, the movement is alive and well "Down-Under"!

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2008 :  16:48:09  Show Profile
Sounds like a great occasion - how about some pictures for our pictures/events page?

George
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2008 :  00:30:44  Show Profile
George, Sorry for being a dumb old sod but can you tell me where to best send photos? We have an excellent club member/photographer and will pass the info on to him.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2008 :  08:17:05  Show Profile
Barry

I too would be interesting in seeing the pictures and possibly a write-up about the event.

The reason I ask is that I am the Triple-M "Scribe" to the MGCC magazine, "Safety Fast!" and am constantly on the lookout for interesting items.

On taking up my new job I put feelers out to some of the Forum posters (sorry if I missed you!) and those who enjoy their cars away from the UK "Mother Ship" expressed a keen desire to see more about activities around the World.

The attraction of an item in SF! is that there is space for text and quality colour pictures.

So if you can do so, why not send me some material and I will see what I can do to persuade the Editor to include it.

PS I tried to e-mail you off-line, but the "system" said that it did not recognise the e-mail address you have logged via this Forum

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 14/04/2008 08:17:44
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2008 :  10:20:28  Show Profile
Hi

This sounds like a fantastic event, you can send images to me on email at robin.hamblett@gmail.com and I can upload to the website. Alternatively, contact me on the same address and I can give you a mailing address to send a disc to.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2008 :  18:50:56  Show Profile
Hi folks

I reckon I am the dumb old sod! I should have included Robin Hamlett's details, luckily Robin has rectified matters by responding to this topic!

I am also certain it would be if interest to all to have more photos of members cars on the pictures pages.

I also echo Dick's plea for reports on events from overseas.

Regards George
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  12:19:10  Show Profile
I am arranging with the club photographer to send the photos.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  13:52:03  Show Profile
Barry

I tried to reply to an e-mail you kindly sent today but the reply was thrown back by having been rejected by the recipient domain with the (to me) unintelligible message "The error that the other server returned was: 501 501 #5.1.1 bad address www.bahnisch@iweb.net.au." target="_blank">www.bahnisch@iweb.net.au. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)"

Could you please e-mail me off line from the forum to richard.morbey@gmail.com

Thanks

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000