Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 L0571
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6139 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  10:30:24  Show Profile
This car was originally a Continental Coupé and was first registered in Northern Ireland to a Mr. P. Dickson of Londonderry. It is apparently now in Sweden sporting a standard style four-seater tourer body. Does anyone have any knowledge of this car while it was still in the UK and might know its original registration number? I ask because it might be the car which is to be seen on this thread - https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18280

Simon J
J3437

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  20:24:06  Show Profile
Simon
I imported this into Sweden as a very bare chassis with no dokumentation except the chassis number. The tourer body and the rest of the restoration was carried out very expertly by Lars River. He is also an 18/80 man.
kind regards
Sven

Edited by - sven on 08/08/2020 20:26:40
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6139 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  23:11:51  Show Profile
Many thanks, Sven. I hadn’t realised you had the car. I rather think the car pictured in the thread I’ve linked to above is probably your car. There can’t have been many CCs sold in Northern Ireland and while the factory records are not complete this one is the only one listed as having been sold through Victor Ltd., the M.G. agents in Belfast. Having said that, it looks as though the registration plate is *Z xxxx which wouldn’t be correct for a car registered in Londonderry where the first owner of L0571 lived and where the registration plate would have been either IW or UI. But then often cars destined for the provinces were registered by the main dealer in Belfast with a CZ registration before being handed over to their new owners.

All interesting stuff, nonetheless.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000