Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Accessorizing the PB
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2020 :  23:35:19  Show Profile
Would like to share the work I have been doing to accessorize the old girl ready for a farmers' market steam punk theme display and photo fundraiser here in NZ in a couple of weeks time.

Luggage rack with picnic hamper and tailor made leather straps
Bronze crafted bat wings chrome plated radiator emblems with recent US Boyce motormeter. The bats wings may still be available, I have one that was die cast, originals I believe were sand cast as these ones I made. Original MG badge refitted to the radiator.
Same on my original radiator cap with nickel plated emblem and period original English Wilmot Breedon calormeter
Interested to hear history on use of bonnet emblems and radiator gauges. I do like the look and function of them.
Found a photo of my car racing in 1949 and has one as shown, and reason the original cap had a hole.
Flying outfit with restored English drivers gloves and NZ WW1 flying jacket
Bespoke crafted toolbox fitted as structural part of the car (works too). Slider in process of being fitted up, to have leather straps to secure full toolkit and the other OE tools

Donald
PB0759

Edited by - DDMDSN on 07/09/2020 23:36:54
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000