Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Abingdon to Abingdon Trials 1932 - 1939
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2020 :  20:30:56  Show Profile
I am trying to collect all the details of the Abingdon to Abingdon trials, entry lists, route cards and results initially to be all put on the Triple M website.
The write ups from the various periodicals of the time would also be included, along with some pictures.
In due course, I would like the website to link to the present car database, and also a database of the 'stories' of the drivers.
This has been partially approved by our esteemed Committee.
However, I need you help, for I am struggling for all the information, as you will see from the accompanying chart. I have all the items marked with an 'x', so if you have any further 'gen', I would be very grateful to be able to borrow, or have an electronic copy, of the piece.
With thanks

Mike Dalby

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2020 :  21:23:20  Show Profile
Mike,
Have you checked with Roger Thomas who, I believe, did quite a bit of research on the subject?

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  09:35:47  Show Profile
Hi Mike,
Mike Hawke did a lot of research on J series cars in competition and supplied me with period trials results for my car. A summary was published a few years back, but I know that there was a lot more detail gathered that was not published. Perhaps Jeremy could help.
Good luck.
David
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  17:07:05  Show Profile
A quick look at Motor Sport archives throws up some links, but there are errors; for the 32 Trial J0346 is listed as a J2. It was in fact a nearly new J1, and needed a new engine afterwards.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  12:05:44  Show Profile
I mean '33 of course (FB Hawley). He won an ashtray.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  19:41:40  Show Profile
I think that in the 1960s F. B. Hawley ran Hammonds Sauce Works in Shipley, West Yorkshire, and he had a daughter named Sheila! She was known as 'Saucy Hawley'!!!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  17:49:38  Show Profile
Come on you lot, this is not like you, I have seen very little from you!
Somebody must have reports from the Sports Car of the Light Car!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000