Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New book on Carbodies
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2020 :  17:21:33  Show Profile
An article in Safety Fast! says that there is a new book about Carbodies due out next year. More info, and how to register your interest, can be found at www.earlswoodpress.co.uk/carbodies

Simon J
J3437

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2020 :  18:45:18  Show Profile

I don't know if the book due out next year is a vastly improved version but I bought "Carbodies The Complete Story" by Bill Munro off eBay some years ago hoping to see pictures of MG bodies being made. There were none. The space devoted to MG's was minimal and could be read in a few minutes and I could detect nothing new.

Perhaps this really is a 'new' book and not just a rehash of the one above.

I found "Carbodies The Complete Story" very disappointing. By page 38 the "complete" story arrives at "Wartime". If the new book is at all like mine and you like post war taxis you might love it.

It is a book to see before you buy.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2020 :  19:04:43  Show Profile
Sam,
If you read the Safety Fast! article you will see that the book is to be a substantial update of the original book which is recognised as being light on the pre war era and it will have much more focus on the pre war era, especially the development of the M.G. style.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2020 :  19:27:13  Show Profile
Thanks Simon.

The description of Carbodies The Complete Story being "light on the pre war era" is very apt. If the pre war story really is complete in the new book I might buy a copy. Perhaps "licensed taxi driver Bill Munro" is a secret MG enthusiast.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2020 :  19:46:03  Show Profile
He is, apparently, an M.G. owner and MGCC member.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000