Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Oil Pressure Gage leak
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  16:43:33  Show Profile
You may all remember I was rebuked somewhat because I asked a simple question re oil driping from my pressure gage and regardless of what I did I could not stop the leak. Well i still can't stop the leak. today I pulled the gage through the dash and fitted a home made fibre washer, started the engine and watched. The oil is leaking still but I think, in fact I am sure that it's comming from the gage itself, i.e. from where the thread comes out of the back of the gage.
At the risk of sounding simple!!! any ideas? or is it a case of sending the gage away for a overhall?

Regards Rodney

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  19:32:08  Show Profile
Rodney,

The only difficult part in dismantling an oil gauge is pulling the finger off. I would be tempted to have a look inside. The bourden tube is soldered to the union which pokes through the back of the case - this is probably where the leak is.

Cheers

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  23:45:11  Show Profile
Rodney,

I can't remember if your original problem is with the 0-160psi gauge for a P-type. If it is, I can lend you one which you can try with your various washers and fittings and see what happens. If there is no leak, then this points to the internals of the gauge needing attention.

John R
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000