Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 front lower cycle wing stay for J2
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2021 :  22:08:54  Show Profile
I'm looking for an set/pair of original lower front wing stays for a cycle wing J2 in good condition. The set I have are not at 90 degrees in either the horizontal or vertical plane, which I believe they should be.

I'll try to add a picture so you can see what I'm looking for and to see how they look on the chassis.

Thanks,

John

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2021 :  22:12:28  Show Profile
I couldn't figure out how to edit the post and add pictures so I'll try again to add them here.

Thanks,

John

Go to Top of Page

Roger Cadogan

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2021 :  20:08:13  Show Profile
John, if you are stuck on this I believe they could be recovered by machining the bases flat and square to the arms and then epoxy or similar, packing pieces to the face. Worth a try rather than the trash bin.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2021 :  13:20:10  Show Profile
Roger,

Thanks for the reply. They have no chance of getting anywhere near the trash bin. I have thought about a repair and may need to give more consideration to that but I thought it doesn't hurt to ask if there are any surplus to someone's needs. I do have a set of reproduction ones but they too would also need some repair to the mounting holes as some are undersize and/or out of location.

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000