Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 model car
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2021 :  12:46:15  Show Profile
'Occurs', Colin? Occurred, perhaps, but that aside, according to Wikipedia (yes, I know it’s far from infallible, but not a bad starting point) Lines Brothers, who owned Spot-On, acquired Dinky Toys in 1964 and decided to discontinue making Spot-On in 1967 although apparently some production continued in New Zealand. So not another Northern Ireland bomb story - just a business decision, made in England of course!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2054 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2021 :  21:12:25  Show Profile

Sadly, I have never seen a top quality MMM model available by any of the suppliers such as CMC.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

NZer

New Zealand
8 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2021 :  21:15:01  Show Profile
Perhaps it was made in the North Island
Go to Top of Page

DanPA

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2021 :  23:43:11  Show Profile
The completed kit photo IS my car. (Yes, I have a black top for it.) Maybe I will build the kit now.

Thanks much,

Daniel Shockey
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  20:12:33  Show Profile

A couple of quick images of my 1:76 scale Scale Link M.G. P type. Having taken a close up I see the windscreen frame has taken a bash. I also have an Airline P still in it’s original packet, must dig it out and assemble to add to my 00 gauge layout.

Models of various scales and quality turn up regularly on eBay.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Allen

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  15:30:02  Show Profile
The K3 model was definitely from Wills Finecast. Here's one I made earlier (about 45 years earlier). It was quite a challenge to make, especially winding the wire wheels but produced a very detailed and accurate model. It still looks good but, yes, you do have to support it or the axles bend with the weight. From memory, the number plate on the photo on the box was JB 1475.

Go to Top of Page

mike.g

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  18:17:01  Show Profile
I think Abingdon Classics must have produced one because I have their 4 seater and Airline versions which are very good.They do turn up on Ebay at a
price!

m.j.gooch
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2021 :  17:23:18  Show Profile
Has there ever been an F-Type model, maybe tourer ...

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

DSW

Germany
95 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2021 :  22:51:02  Show Profile
Following up on the mention of K&R above (http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/MGS.HTM) I was surprised how many MMM types are still available (to build).
But maybe now days we should look for a good 3D scanner to fully scan the cars and then go and make a 3D print of any size and detail?
David
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000