Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Is that a Triple-M car?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  11:46:39  Show Profile
Is that a Triple-M car?
Registration around 1933 ANB431

Robert (F1164)

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  12:33:07  Show Profile
Robert and Forum:

See DVLA link below.
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

Given the details above; the answer would be appear to be yes.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  12:40:23  Show Profile
Hello John, thank you.
If possible, ask for more details. Maybe there are documents from the registration at that time.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  12:53:28  Show Profile
Robert and Forum:

The DVLA is a UK government department.
Staffed by civil servants. Who like civil servants the world over are
unpredictable.

I have never tried.
John James deals with DVLA on regular basis and posts on this forum might be able to advise you.
Contact details from subscribers search function.
On this forum.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  14:40:34  Show Profile
Robert R

Why would you doubt that ANB 431 is not a MMM car ??

This is a very well know and used L-type which has been with its present owner many years.

There was an extensive article about it in the MG Enthusiast mag. in December 2019.

In pre-covid days and hopefully in post ones as well it often travelled to Luxembourg - so maybe you could pop over to check it out.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  14:56:17  Show Profile
Indeed, L2071 in the register listing :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  15:14:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tonym

Robert R

Why would you doubt that ANB 431 is not a MMM car ??

This is a very well know and used L-type which has been with its present owner many years.

There was an extensive article about it in the MG Enthusiast mag. in December 2019.

In pre-covid days and hopefully in post ones as well it often travelled to Luxembourg - so maybe you could pop over to check it out.

I don't doubt Triple-M Auto. I only asked in a different formulation.
Did you change ownership around 1976?

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  17:28:22  Show Profile
Hi Robert,
I hope that you are well.
Maybe we are interpreting the question in a different way to how you are asking it? That is easy enough done between two people from the same country, let alone two people from different countries :)
Do you know of previous history of this car? Or know one of the previous owners, does it have a previous life that you know of in Europe?
Best Wishes Robert
Colin

Colin Murrell
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  18:09:19  Show Profile
Hello Colin, thanks for your feedback.

There are two pictures that do not fully show the license plate, and it was assumed to be ANB431.
Following text:
"Pictures submitted by S Ordell taken in the 1960s when on a trailer used by B Bone. Sven is convinced the photos are of L2071 as they show part of the Registration number".
I contacted Sven Ordell today by email and maybe there can be an addition to his assumption.

My question. There was a second MG L2 with the registration Axxx31. Furthermore, are there documents that L2071 was registered with ANB431?

Why all that. I have another L2 in the guess, here there is literature, history with the owner and address at the time. There are pictures. The chassis number is known in the literature. Pictures with the proud owner at the time.

I am sending a section of the picture with the license plate. The picture was taken around 50 years ago.

Of course I can tell you the chassis numbers of the L2, but I'm a little sad. An internet posting that I made recently was deleted. Data protection, although I have proof, the source is from the owner. Colin, I'm very open, but this hit me very much.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  18:44:47  Show Profile
Hi Robert,
Thankyou for the background details regarding your question.
I guess the files at Kimber House may help, but due to Covid the volunteers are not going there to where the files are help.
I am was about your post deletion, I assume that it was not on here.
Maybe George or Dick have access to an electronic file that has more information than we can view here on the Triple-M website.
I hope you find the answers to your questions Robert.
There are still many mysteries, so we need people like you posting up pictures and asking questions, then, piece by piece, like a jigsaw the answers all slot together :)

Colin Murrell
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  18:46:03  Show Profile
Robert, some years ago our President Mike Allison reasearched and transcribed the factory records for most of the Triple-M cars - this was a momumental task - and the records for L2071 show that its registration was ANB 431. Sold through the dealer P J Evans of Birmingham and registered to its first owner T Wyatt of Cheadle, Cheshire on4 December 1933. ANB is a Manchester area code- Cheadle being on the southern outskirts of Manchester

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  19:52:48  Show Profile
Robert, Colin, Dick, Tony and Forum:

The way I approach such topics; run along these lines.

Start with the Register on line.
Then cross reference with paper Register, which is printed annually and available to purchase from the library.
After that consult the internet.
Normally this resolves most questions.
A few books on MG subjects never hurts.
All the best.

John Bakewell

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  20:15:39  Show Profile
Thanks John

Don't forget that the Register on line that can be accessed through this website shows only a brief digest of some of the material that exists within the entire Register database. It corresponds broaqdly that that which appears in the (usually) annual printed listing of cars.

Not all of the database content is made publicly available. This is in order to respect the necessary laws and regulations that govern the sharing of personal and other data, but any Member who wishes to know more about the info we hold about his or her car is able to contact the Register to discuss this on a 1:1 basis.

Don't forget that upon request we can set up a facility whereby an owner can obtain direct access to his personal and car details to view and propose amendments to it and also contribute pictures and documents for retention on the database. We commend this facility, which several owners are now using.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  21:05:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Thanks John

Don't forget that the Register on line that can be accessed through this website shows only a brief digest of some of the material that exists within the entire Register database. It corresponds broaqdly that that which appears in the (usually) annual printed listing of cars.

Not all of the database content is made publicly available. This is in order to respect the necessary laws and regulations that govern the sharing of personal and other data, but any Member who wishes to know more about the info we hold about his or her car is able to contact the Register to discuss this on a 1:1 basis.

Don't forget that upon request we can set up a facility whereby an owner can obtain direct access to his personal and car details to view and propose amendments to it and also contribute pictures and documents for retention on the database. We commend this facility, which several owners are now using.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Dick, I've tried several times, but unfortunately no success. I ask that I, as the owner, can have direct access to his personal data and vehicle data in order to display and suggest changes and to contribute images and documents to be stored in the database. If, as the owner of the F1164, costs are charged to me, then I will pay. I have spent many hundreds of hours researching my F and I can safely help maintain the data.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  21:16:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Robert R

quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Thanks John

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Dick, I've tried several times, but unfortunately no success. I ask that I, as the owner, can have direct access to his personal data and vehicle data in order to display and suggest changes and to contribute images and documents to be stored in the database. If, as the owner of the F1164, costs are charged to me, then I will pay. I have spent many hundreds of hours researching my F and I can safely help maintain the data.

Robert (F1164)

Not wanting to tread on anyone's toes Robert, but I imagine information could be provided to you (your a MG Car Club or affiliated car club member?) and I could only imagine additional photos would be welcome. I do know that all involved are volunteers though, and some still working / other time constraints etc, but I would remain hopeful for example I, as a MGCC Member, was able to have a copy of the information of my old D Type and more recently my PA. :)

I apologise in advance, if I have trodden on others toes here. I'm just trying to keep Roberts enthusiasm fuelled :)

Looking on the general public view of the database, I see several great photos that you have provided Robert

Colin Murrell

Edited by - colintf on 29/01/2021 21:20:41
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  21:52:57  Show Profile
L2071, Registration ANB 431, is a well known and well used L2 Magna, and there is no doubt as to it’s identity.

We have several members who have registered with the Register to enable access to their own car, where they can add photos, request changes to description and change personal details. As Dick has pointed out this facility does not permit access to documents due to restrictions of the Data Protection Acts.

The Registrar has then to view the request for any changes and if satisfied authorise them. The system then sends an email to the owner confirming the changes have been updated to the file for the car.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000