Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MGCC General Meeting, Saturday 17th April, 2021
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  18:57:44  Show Profile
This posting is for the attention of MGCC Members.

It is being placed in this General Information section of the Forum so that as many MGCC Members as possible can see it.

Yesterday evening we had a productive Zoom natter for Triple-M Register Members (= MGCC Members with MMM cars) to update Members and discuss recent events affecting the MGCC's board of directors and related issues.

The Committee was joined by several Club members, including Colin Withers, Director who, following his co-option to the board last week is now the liaison between the Register and the board. He gave a worthwhile update on recent events which in turn promoted a useful discussion, including ways in which the Club can aim to develop and improve the services available to Members.

The next step takes place on Saturday 17th April when the requisitioned General Meeting of MGCC Members will take place. The Triple-M Register will be represented at the meeting by our chairman Jeremy Hawke who is the Register's Voting Member .

The purpose of the meeting is to consider and vote on the election of directors to the board. We understand that candidates will be voted on individually.

Current MGCC Members are entitled to attend the meeting and may do so via completing an online registration form at:
https://www.v8register.net/meeting/210417-general-meeting-registration-form.php

If doing so, please remember to tick the 'Attending as a Current Club member?' box.

Any Member requiring additional details should please e-mail the Secretary at secretary@triple-mregister.org

Thanks and best wishes to all

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

PeterL

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  19:20:38  Show Profile
Thanks Dick

P
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  19:38:24  Show Profile
Dick, nowhere can I find the time of the meeting. It is not in your entry nor in the attendance application form page on the V8 Register site to which you have provided a link.

Please can you advise.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772

Edited by - Ian Bowers on 12/04/2021 19:38:57
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  19:42:43  Show Profile
Hi Dick, many thanks for the update.
Hope it goes well Jeremy
All the best and thanks
Mark

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  20:13:27  Show Profile
Hi.....it’s at 11a.m.

Barny Creaser (Registrar Co-Ordinator)

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  20:17:32  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. The information generated and disseminated by the V8 Register and the 6 other CRBs states 11 am. I'll attach a link that our committee received from that group which, although now somewhat overtaken by events, provides some relevant info. Here it is:
https://www.v8register.net/meeting/200417-general-meeting-index.htm

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2021 :  10:54:37  Show Profile
At last, a "blow by blow" account of the circumstances leading to Ineke Sherman's dismissal. For what it is worth, I think that the decision to dismiss her was quite appalling and reflects very badly on the Club officers who made the decision. I have never met Ineke, but I wish her well in her appeal. I can only offer my personal apology for the totally unnecessary stress which has been imposed on her at a very difficult time of her life. The officers concerned should hang their heads in shame.

Colin B. (MGCC Member since 1956)
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1580 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2021 :  11:18:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

At last, a "blow by blow" account of the circumstances leading to Ineke Sherman's dismissal. For what it is worth, I think that the decision to dismiss her was quite appalling and reflects very badly on the Club officers who made the decision. I have never met Ineke, but I wish her well in her appeal. I can only offer my personal apology for the totally unnecessary stress which has been imposed on her at a very difficult time of her life. The officers concerned should hang their heads in shame.

Colin B. (MGCC Member since 1956)

Very much agree.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2021 :  16:59:37  Show Profile
Agree entirely with Colin’s post.
Reading the blow by blow account it comes to mind that the understanding of the COVID regulations was that if someone was in breach of them the matter was passed to the police who had the power to investigate and fine if necessary. Not that I am advocating this course of action in this case but why was it decided that this breach of the rules should not be reported but dealt with by an outside HR person.?
Rather than issuing dismissal letters the first thing that should have been done for the welfare of all concerned was to issue them with COVID test kits to ensure all were safe surely this should have been the priority by any sensible manager in these circumstances
Common sense would have solved this problem
Hope any new regime has plenty of it.
Thanks Dick for keeping us up to date.
Bob
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2021 :  15:04:19  Show Profile
And did the club then pay a fee to this "outside HR person" ???
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2021 :  10:59:35  Show Profile
My understanding is that the "Covid regulations" referred to were only guidelines at the time.
Ian

Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2021 :  10:12:18  Show Profile
Jeeze. This "foul-up" seems to be getting worse and worse on a daily basis.
Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2021 :  15:06:24  Show Profile
I find it interesting that the sacking was not mentioned on the Zoom call today with the emphasis being on "the interests of the club" and "the future" i.e. not looking to the past. By my way of looking at the world those who don't learn by the past are destined to repeat it.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2021 :  08:16:19  Show Profile
It was a meeting in public, not the time to trash the people who still know the essential details and history. There will be a need to work with them. Creating disgruntled people will not make matters for the future management of the club any easier.

Bollockings and embarassments are for private settings.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6193 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2021 :  09:18:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Bowers

Bollockings and embarassments are for private settings.

Which is why there is a Members' Forum if members wish to discuss such things.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000