Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 LED headlamps and Triple M cars
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Oz34

United Kingdom
2576 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2021 :  11:10:36  Show Profile
That must have been very frightening Ian. I cannot help feeling that if his lights were so powerful and, by definition there were not lots of confusing lights around, he should have been able to see you by virtue of his own lights. Perhaps he was driving "without due care and attention"?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6196 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2021 :  16:10:04  Show Profile
While I’d agree with Onno that the cool white light of LED bulbs isn’t a good look for our cars, I think when it comes to being visible, cool is cool. I feel that the LED headlights make the car just that bit more visible, especially in traffic where all the other cars have such bright lights that two close set headlights with 30W tungsten bulbs, or even 40W halogen just aren’t enough. YMMV

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Blue M

United Kingdom
1474 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2021 :  21:06:11  Show Profile
Dave, it certainly was a nasty shock! It was on a slightly sunken road which probably didn't help, although I could see his lights even though he didn't appear to see mine. Which is why he was in the middle of the lane. Luckily our cars are narrow.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2576 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2021 :  21:43:57  Show Profile
Ian, I've just taken this in my garage and I can't imagine the offending driver could have missed this coming towards him

Yes, I accept Onno's comment about the colour of the light but in the end it's about the safe usability of the car and I have a pair of reflectors with, from memory 36W halogen bulbs which I could refit in half an hour, if I really wanted to. In the meantime, I can see where I'm going and others can see I'm there. What more could a guy want?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1060 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  06:03:04  Show Profile
Dave
A lower light temperature does not necessarily mean less lumen.

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2576 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  09:22:48  Show Profile
I'm sure you're right Onno, however these things are not cheap and I have these so, unless my fairy godmother provides some warm ones, I think I'll stick with them!

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  11:56:06  Show Profile
The price range on the links on the previous page surprised me, two were around £50 for a pair and the other £100 for a pair.

Is there more to the difference than price?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2576 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  12:52:52  Show Profile
I don't know Ian although you frequently do get what you pay for.

Mine are from Classic Dynamos and Regulators and are certainly quality. Their BA15 ones are I think £56 per pair but I did a conversion, which I detailed in the Bulletin some years ago, enabling me to fit H4 bulbs so I'm using their H4 replacement ones which are about £100 per pair.

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 07/05/2021 12:53:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000