Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New to me
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  10:34:42  Show Profile
Went to see a guy about getting some work done on a car and
Whilst discussing the job in hand we wandered around his workshop and came upon the vehicle in the picture.
I had not seen this particular vehicle before and thought maybe there were other members who do not know of it or ever seen it.

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6196 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  11:29:06  Show Profile
MG 2191 is K2001 according to the printed Register listing.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  17:12:56  Show Profile
This car was a standard bodied K2, the first produced, and it was sadly rebuilt in the style of a pointed tail K3.

The standard 2 seat body survives but at the moment I cannot recall who now owns it.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2054 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  18:10:32  Show Profile

George.

The original body, I believe, is with Alan Whitham.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  18:29:30  Show Profile
Yes that's right. I bought the body from Steve Baker some years ago to keep it all together. I sold it to Alan who wanted to build a musketeer type car. It's a great shame the car was turned into a K3 replica.
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
600 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  23:06:19  Show Profile

Hello Phil,
Your comments regarding the parts from K2001 which I purchased from you, prompt me to let you know that I have made good use of them. They have in fact proved to be a very useful collection of ‘above chassis’ components to restore NA 0954 in a form which broadly maintains the appearance of K2001.
The body from K2001 ( following the fitting of some new timbers) is now fitted to NA 0954, and retains the appearance of an ND/K2. An ND/K2 style dashboard with correct instruments have also been fitted together with the original K2 windscreen.
The engine department is N type and an ENV preselector gearbox is fitted.
Still some way to go, but I hope you approve!
Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2054 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  23:36:41  Show Profile
I am able to say that Alan has done a wonderful job on his N/ K2 as is usual with his cars. Although we would all agree that it is a shame that the original chassis and body have departed company, at least the body has survived and thanks to Alan has been put to good use.

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 08/05/2021 23:37:24
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2021 :  09:55:20  Show Profile
Well done Alan, your car will be effectively be an ND.

GEORGE
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 09/05/2021 09:55:46
Go to Top of Page

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2021 :  12:31:04  Show Profile
Hi Alan
Thanks for your message. That's great news. I look forward to seeing you and the car sometime soon.
Kind regards
Phil
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2576 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2021 :  21:05:18  Show Profile
My best wishes too Alan. I'm sure regular Forumistes are well aware of my views on these things, even more so with such a rare beast as a K2, however it's great to hear that the body has been used to good effect rather than scrapped. Well done Alan.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

MGB

Netherlands
116 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  20:28:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by r.warr

Went to see a guy about getting some work done on a car and
Whilst discussing the job in hand we wandered around his workshop and came upon the vehicle in the picture.
I had not seen this particular vehicle before and thought maybe there were other members who do not know of it or ever seen it.

Some years ago, in 2013, a friend of mine wanted to write an article about Eddie Hertzberger, a Dutch driver who raced his K3 to a win in the Grand Prix of Chimay. In the article he also wrote about his granddaughter who also raced. There is a picture of Eddie during this race with another car in the background that my friend wanted to recreate. So, I asked around for another K3 but to no avail. The only solution was to arrange a replica: the car in the picture. As a matter of fact: the picture shown here was taken that day!

Another picture, taken by me, of the car that day:

Gwendolyn Hertzberger and the owner of the car, giving instructions:

and a link to the article: https://svcc.nu/wp-content/uploads/078-087_Hertzberger_W.pdf

http://www.dioncre.nl/Algje/index.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000