Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Working on MGs IN THE HOUSE !
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ian Grace

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  00:23:47  Show Profile
Does rebuilding my Tiger Moth in the hall count?

Go to Top of Page

Roger Cadogan

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  10:59:25  Show Profile
Back in 1970 as a pennyless couple in our house in Salisbury, I was building a J/P race car and faced with the problem of degreasing the radiator core. My wife was the proud possessor of a second hand Hoover Junior washing machine, the square one with a manual wringer.
She at the time worked on Saturdays and I took the opportunity to use said machine to degrease the rad core, wonderful job! The down side became obvious when the next household wash took place as the contents all came out with boiled in black spots. This resulted in some domestic discourse and culminated in the purchase of a new washing machine.
On balance, dishwashers are better degreasers than washing machines but plead ignorance if you encounter any resultant problems.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  11:28:33  Show Profile
Ian, while I don't think I've ever done any major work in the house, a friend once showed me a photo of his Piper Cub fuselage in the lounge where he sprayed it. He is no longer with that wife, but there probably were other reasons for that. I lost touch with him long ago, but I think he now lives in your neck of the woods.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000