Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Zoom Call catchup - MGCC Register members
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John S

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2021 :  11:26:03  Show Profile
Hi All,
I am pretty new to the world of Forum posts so please forgive me as I get the hang of practice and protocol!

Early in April we ran a zoom call for MGCC Register members. I think this was well received, and allowed discussion on issues, exchange ideas/feedback with members, committee and indeed international participation. We concluded we should do these regularly, and I’m mindful time is ticking on. I’ve suggested to the committee we diarise to have something eg quarterly, but with the Summer Gathering early in July I’m thinking we could hold one a little before - say Sunday 13th June at 5pm UK time.

We can hold these ad hoc if there are issues, but would be good to have something in the diary. Its a chance for the committee to share news with you, but importantly we’d welcome your ideas and views for discussion. Comments welcome – if you can attend please let Dick Morbey know (secretary@triple-mregister.org) and a zoom invitation will be sent to you in due course.
John

JS

Edited by - DickMorbey on 20/05/2021 17:15:13

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2021 :  12:36:46  Show Profile
Hi John

A regular Zoom meeting would be a very good idea, I missed the first one but understand it went well.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2021 :  17:13:41  Show Profile
Apart from George, no-one else has been in touch to say that they'd like to join the member Zoom session at 5 pm on 13th June.

The door is open - please let us know whether you'd like to join us!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2021 :  17:44:32  Show Profile
As John said in his opening post, 'if there are any issues'.

It would perhaps help to have a topic list to sign up to and/or for register members to add suggestions, beyond simply the committee sharing news and hopefully encouraging discussion.

Zoom doesn't really allow for a 'chat with a beer to hand' setting, so any exchange surely needs a focus.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

John S

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  12:34:16  Show Profile
Ian/all, its certainly good to see perspectives. For me nothing beats meeting face to face, but I noted from the AGM and last session how zoom can connect us, often across continents!

In the old days of pub meets there wasnt an agenda as such; ideally I think would be good for those on the Forum (I can flag in next Bulletin also) to put the topics up there but I've put a few potential ideas below for example. Ahead of the date we can collate and have a base agenda to discuss; if come the day Dick has minimal take up thats fine but if so we'll probably roll over to another time. If there's no take up for the sessions thats fine also and maybe we just reserve this to pick up issues/discussions ad hoc.

So, for discussions sake.
a) update on MGCC. Colin Withers (our MGCC Director with responsibility for the Register) is planning to attend, and while I hope this wouldnt be a forum simply about the club and challenges/progress being made, its a good opportunity to hear whats been happening and share views.
b) Tours and events. Hmm, maybe those who are going on the Stilton Pork Pie tour or Summer Gathering know about them, but perhaps its a chance to hear plans and discuss. Maybe also to hear what the Triple M scene looks like in different parts of the world!
c) Technical. I think the Forum is used by people who have queries so maybe this less relevant.
d) Archive updates. I'm sticking my neck out here as all this covered by others, but there could be interest in how cars are identified, how records are kept and contributions dealt with, what members want
e) General old car/Triple M scene. How do we see changes to road usage/push to e cars affecting the old car world. In 1888 when Bertha Benz borrowed her husband's car to drive 66 miles to see her mother, she had to stop at chemists to buy fuel in glass jars. Is this what the future holds for us as old car users, and if so when?
f) What would you like to see from the Register/MGCC to have you enjoy using your car all the more?

Hope this helps?
John

JS
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  12:16:42  Show Profile
Hello everyone - it's gone very quiet on this thread - would anyone else like to join the Zoom natter scheduled for Sunday 13th June at 5pm UK time? Just let me know and I'll supply the access details shortly.

Thanks

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

John S

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2021 :  18:20:33  Show Profile
Hi All,
The Committee met last night and Dick highlighted there has only been one taker for our proposed call on Sunday. While this seems a shame based on some of the positive comments on other zoom sessions, its fine but sensibly I've recommended we cancel and leave until next time (likely to be our AGM in September). I think its of value to have some rolling dates out there, but we can always raise an ad hoc zoom call if there are topics for discussion. Any thoughts/comments please let me know.
With kind regards
John

JS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000