Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 European floods
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2021 :  19:34:15  Show Profile
Sincere good wishes to the people of the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany who have been affected by the extraordinary floods. Let's hope that members of our community and their families have escaped this misfortune...

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

PaulusPotter

Netherlands
203 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2021 :  08:13:23  Show Profile
Hello Dick and others,
Thank you for your compassion. As you probably saw on TV the effected areas have severe damage. We only live about 600 m away from the river Maas were the water from the smaller rivers that cause the troubles in our area collect, but we remained free of any damage. But as a precaution I removed the MG,s from my underground garage/workshop.
In 1993 and 1995 we had severe floods so the government decided to remove millions of cubic meters of sand and gravel from the flood plains in the last 8 to 10 years.
This saved us from the water allthough it was really high. So most probably in the near future the guidance for the water in the smaller rivers will be improved to avoid this sort off trouble.

Hope to see you all soon if Boris permits us to come!

MGreetings,

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000