Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Calling comp history experts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2021 :  09:14:05  Show Profile
I have been contacted by Bob Francis who owns a Singer with 1930's trials competition history in the hands of D. Harris. He has some trophies which go with the car, some of which relate to events where D. Harris participated driving MG's. Bob would like to find out which MG's these were and if any of the MG's still exist.

Since these trophies are from 1936 onwards, it's possible that they relate to T Types, but I wonder if any of our experts can identify any cars driven by D. Harris?

Barny Creaser (Registrar Co-Ordinator)

(Wellingborough)

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2021 :  10:00:35  Show Profile
D E Harris is known to have trialled a TA (Reg Number ELR2) in the late 30s and he was photographed in several trials in the Kent area on sections such as Postman's Walk, Upinturn and Combe Back. He also entered the same car in the Brighton-Beer Trial in 1938. To obtain more detailed information it would be necessary to trawl through copies of Light Car, Autocar and The Sportscar magazines for the 1936 to 1939 period. If Bob could let us have a list of the M.G. trophies (i.e. name and date of trial and nature of the award), it would certainly be of interest.

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 22/07/2021 10:03:29
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2021 :  12:24:26  Show Profile
Thanks very much Colin - I'll pass that on and ask about the trophies. I should have done last night when he called, but I was lying under my wife's Triumph Stag at the time! (Changing the oil....not run over).

Barny Creaser (Registrar Co-Ordinator)

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000