Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The California Cup competition - 11 June 2022
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2022 :  21:35:54  Show Profile
The California cup is an autotest and will be competed for at this year's MG Live weekend event at Silverstone. It takes place between 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM on Day #1, Saturday the 11th of June and is a golden opportunity for Triple-M cars to take part in an event that is ideally suited to them over two flowing courses, designed to be nondamaging to the cars involved.

It is an opportunity for a small team to compete for the general glory of the Register so we are looking for as many as possible to take part please.

All Triple-Ms are welcome and if possible the Club would especially like to see some C type Midgets taking part; there will already be at least one C type there over the weekend, so it's to be hoped that other fortunate owners may wish to join them.

Scrutineering takes place from 9:00 AM on the morning of Saturday the 11th although anyone arriving on the previous afternoon should find that the scrutes are available then, as well.

Details are at https://www.mgcc.co.uk/event/35175/

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 13/04/2022 21:36:44

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2022 :  15:48:09  Show Profile
I took part in the last one at Malvern and was the only Triple-M entry. Though described as above, I couldn't get round some of the turns with the lock available on the PA and the course was designed completely around modern MG Midgets which can be spun round cones with the nose static and the back wheels spinning.....very impressive stuff monopolised by some clever guys from Northern Ireland.

Note that if you don't have a team of 3 on the day (since you won't be in the running for the main prize, believe me, even if you had a K3!!) there are no prizes and you compete just for the fun of it.

Barny Creaser
(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2022 :  09:25:44  Show Profile
Good morning folks,

Please don't be put off by Barny's comments - this is a great event well worth supporting, so how about it?!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2022 :  19:05:37  Show Profile
Calling all cars!

Time is running out to get a team or teams together to take part in the California cup at MGCC Silverstone on Saturday June 11. I'm told that there is a very interesting team of T types now entered to take part and they would like some serious competition.

This is a flowing course and is not subject to the tight turning circles that Barny mentioned in an earlier posting about Malvern, so do not be deterred!

Details are available from Noel Linford who is organising this event: 07432 152095

Let's give these Morris-engined T types a run for their money!

Could you please contact me ASAP if interested because it's now or never!

Thanks as always

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 15/05/2022 19:39:39
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2022 :  06:32:39  Show Profile
We now have one possible entrant but need to hear from more of you, please!

Many thanks

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2022 :  21:05:13  Show Profile
Would anyone else like to have a go in the California Cup driving tests? At the moment we are outnumbered (but not outgunned, we hope) by the T types....

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2022 :  11:41:51  Show Profile
Andy and Angie King and planning to take part in their cream cracker P type and in addition we have another PA potentially entered. Would anyone else like to have a go?!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  17:25:01  Show Profile
Pleased to report that our intrepid Register librarian Rich Stott will be taking time off from his other duties in our marquee this Saturday to compete in the California Cup competition.

Entry details are here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mg-live-2022-tickets-264142747067

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
764 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  18:07:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by leafrancis14

I took part in the last one at Malvern and was the only Triple-M entry. Though described as above, I couldn't get round some of the turns with the lock available on the PA and the course was designed completely around modern MG Midgets which can be spun round cones with the nose static and the back wheels spinning.....very impressive stuff monopolised by some clever guys from Northern Ireland.

Note that if you don't have a team of 3 on the day (since you won't be in the running for the main prize, believe me, even if you had a K3!!) there are no prizes and you compete just for the fun of it.

Barny Creaser
(Wellingborough)

I have done it a few times in my 18/80, and having to reverse a few times didn't stop me having fun.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000