Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Summer Gathering 2022. Accommodation ..?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2022 :  19:30:56  Show Profile
I’ve not been to this event and believe that a similar event should be held to cater for those of us who live further north of the Capital City.. I’ve touched on this before and this is not the point of my post, however, there is a link..

I’d like to put somthing on, but before I do, I feel that I should visit the Summer Gathering that Elizabeth Taylor very kindly hosts annually.... Firstly to get her approval or blessing that such an event may be held ‘up north’ and to get an idea of the format it follows.

With that in mind, I’ll trailer my J2 down there on the Saturday and will be looking for some accommodation within 50 miles of the ‘Greenacres’ site so I can get there on the Sunday comfortably.

Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably north of the venue, that can safely park a car with trailer and (remembering I’m a Yorkshireman) isn’t going to break the bank..!

Many thanks in anticipation...

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589
D 0431

Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.

colintf

United Kingdom
1506 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2022 :  20:36:02  Show Profile
Elizabeth might have some suggestions if you contact her directly Mark.

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2022 :  09:25:58  Show Profile
Thank you Colin, I have emailed her, but in the meantime, we’ve booked to stay in Woking with Anita’s brother and sister in law... Looks like a trip to Brooklands again on Saturday.. :-)

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589
D 0431

Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2022 :  11:44:47  Show Profile
Mark, If you Google "Accommodation in Beaconsfield", you will gwt a few answers. I have stayed at a "Travel Lodge" in that town from time to time. It has its own car park with cctv and of course is reasonably priced. Beaconsfield is immediately off the M40 and is only 5 miles from "Greenacres". Wise to cover the car on its trailer with a tarpaulin, but the alternative - secure garage parking would be much more difficult to find.

Look forward to meeting you and the car at Farnham Royal.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2022 :  16:40:00  Show Profile
A few years ago we stayed at the Burnham Beeches hotel. There was lots of space in the car park and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you leaving a trailer there whilst you attend the gathering. I'm a Yorkshire man as well and I didn't suffer too much!

Barny Creaser
(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1506 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2022 :  18:10:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by leafrancis14

A few years ago we stayed at the Burnham Beeches hotel. There was lots of space in the car park and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you leaving a trailer there whilst you attend the gathering. I'm a Yorkshire man as well and I didn't suffer too much!

Barny Creaser
(Wellingborough)

That has plenty of parking spaces I believe

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2022 :  11:08:48  Show Profile
We all adjourned to the Burnham Beeches Hotel after the Memorial Service to Peter Green a couple of weeks ago, Very nice place and good catering but the car park was slightly more rough than some trials sections I have driven on. Probably perfectly adequate for a modern plus trailer, but rather too many pot holes for an 86 year old PA.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000