Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Spot light switch
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gene

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  14:29:01  Show Profile
At Beaulieu (first time for me--wonderful experience) I purchased a spot lamp, Lucas FT37. According to my Lucas C.A.V.-Rotax equipment catalog for 1939, p. 14, the corresponding switch is Lucas 9RW. Gregory's has a switch in their online catalog, item 00341 {"dash mounted switch ideal for dipping headlight...")does anyone know if this is a good substitute and a close approximation of the 9RW? Emails to Gregorys have gone unanswered. Thanks, Gene.

Gene

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  12:14:52  Show Profile
If you are intending to mount your spot lamp on a T-type MG the correct dashboard switch is brown bakelite, circular with two scallops, in a circular chrome bezel and is twisted at 90 degrees for the "on" position. There are one or two similar switches in that row along the bottom of the central cluster (for dash lamps and a spare?). I think that other Nuffield cars might have used these type of switches and they should not be too hard to get, particularly in the UK?
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:43:12  Show Profile
Sorry, I should have added this is for a Singer LeMans, which didn't have a factory supplied spotlight & switch. I'd like to get as close to the Lucas 9RW switch as I can. Thanks, Gene

Gene
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000