Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Lucas L150 Hinged Stone Guards
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeobrien

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2022 :  01:16:42  Show Profile
Hi,

Does anyone have, or know where I can purchase a pair of L150 hinged stone guards to suit 810-3 flat lenses?

I've seen them on the Vintage Headlamp Restoration International website, but haven't managed to get a response from them as yet.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mike.

Westbury

United Kingdom
2039 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2022 :  19:24:26  Show Profile
Hello, Mike.
I had a pair of L150 headlamps made by this company complete with hinged front stoneguards a couple of years ago, they made a superb job and were quick too.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2022 :  20:23:55  Show Profile
Hi Mike,

Years ago I made these stone guards because I felt the "bolt on" looked tacky. On my current project, I wanted to have the same stone guards and contacted Restoration International who told me they wouldn't sell just the stone guards and encouraged me to purchase the entire headlights. With disappointment, I figured I have do make them again. Sooo....I made the spinning form, spun the rims, located and purchased the double crimp wire weave and have then set about the hinges. In retrospect, I should not be so stubborn and just spend the money.
For whatever it's worth. You can make them, but the hinges will be the more challenging part.
Best, Chris

Go to Top of Page

mikeobrien

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2022 :  22:53:22  Show Profile
Fantastic job, Chris. Far beyond my capabilities.
quote:
Originally posted by cleydon

Hi Mike,

Years ago I made these stone guards because I felt the "bolt on" looked tacky. On my current project, I wanted to have the same stone guards and contacted Restoration International who told me they wouldn't sell just the stone guards and encouraged me to purchase the entire headlights. With disappointment, I figured I have do make them again. Sooo....I made the spinning form, spun the rims, located and purchased the double crimp wire weave and have then set about the hinges. In retrospect, I should not be so stubborn and just spend the money.
For whatever it's worth. You can make them, but the hinges will be the more challenging part.
Best, Chris

Cheers, Mike.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000