Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Frequently asked questions: FAQ.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coracle

United Kingdom
1967 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  16:42:51  Show Profile
Thinking about the "hardy perennial" subjects and questions that arise, would there be any mileage in having a FAQ heading prominent perhaps in the main website menu?

The listing of such questions could then set out links to where they have been discussed before and to any technical information that might be available.

It would be particularly helpful to anyone new to the website and forum.

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6159 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  17:00:54  Show Profile
Nigel,
Are you going to volunteer to identify the likely topics and then trawl through the Forums to provide links to possible answers?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  17:21:55  Show Profile
Nigel, not really an answer to your enquiry, but there is an FAQ about the working of the Forum generally - see https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/faq.asp

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1967 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  19:10:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

Nigel,
Are you going to volunteer to identify the likely topics and then trawl through the Forums to provide links to possible answers?
Simon J
J3437

I envisaged it would be something that grew organically as questions arise.

When a contributor thinks, this or that has been asked many times before, then they could precipitate a listing in the FAQ index together with a link to their response to the question.

Others could then add their links to other relevant past postings or technical downloads as appropriate.

The whole thing would thus grow over time into a useful reference tool without too much loading on any individual.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1967 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  19:17:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Nigel, not really an answer to your enquiry, but there is an FAQ about the working of the Forum generally - see https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/faq.asp

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

I was unaware of this and had difficulty in finding it without prior knowledge. Perhaps it should be more prominent?

Perhaps what I am suggesting should be a separate Technical FAQ?
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6159 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  19:24:22  Show Profile
Nigel,
To paraphrase Sir Laurence Olivier’s supposed comment to Dustin Hoffman, wouldn’t it be easier just to use the Forum (and the search function)? FAQs tend to be simple answers to simple questions, neither of which apply to Triple-M cars!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  14:27:27  Show Profile
I always find FAQs patronising in that they assume I am stupid and just haven't understood the obvious. Of course they could be made useful but I hate to think how much work this would mean. Such work would obviously lessen as the topics became more comprehensively covered. There may be difficulty in keeping the topics to the engineering/ mechanical and failure to do so would inevitably increase scope for contention is as the inevitable differences come to the fore. Of course something like a Wiki could overcome some of these objections but would still require ongoing moderation to avoid problems.
Ian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000