Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 K3 Oil Tank
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

timothy edwards

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2022 :  10:31:42  Show Profile
I am looking for the original pattern oil tank cap to buy outright or to borrow for replicating.
The cap is needed to complete the repairs to the second K3 prototype.
If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be marvellous.
Thanks.
Tim Edwards.

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2022 :  17:53:12  Show Profile
Hi Tim

Perhaps try Geoff Enoch?

Kind regards

Phil
Go to Top of Page

timothy edwards

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  10:07:18  Show Profile
Phil, many thanks for the tip but I do not know Geoff Enoch. Do you have a contact you can let me have?. Tim.
Go to Top of Page

timothy edwards

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  10:16:41  Show Profile
Another question, does any body know whether this type of oil tank cap was fitted to other cars such as the 18/80's or the equivalent large Morris vehicles.
What I need is someone who is prepared to give me access to a K3 oil tank cap which I can accurately measure and produce an engineering drawing from which we can manufacture. I don't have to take the cap away with me!.
I hope we can get some response and help from other K3 owners.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2039 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  10:55:10  Show Profile
Hello,, Tim.
Do you know for certain that this is an original K3 oil tank cap? Perhaps just fitted to the prototype?
I haven’t seen one like this before. Maybe Gerhard or others can shed more light.
Regards,
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Darkie

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  11:31:24  Show Profile
Hi Tim,
I have one here from an original K3 you can copy. I think the one in the picture is not a production K3 cap but is correct for the prototypes.

Regards

Tom

TOM DARK
Go to Top of Page

timothy edwards

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  17:22:40  Show Profile
Tom that is very kind of you to respond to my enquiry. How shall we arrange an opportunity for me to see the cap and take the necessary measurements. I am located near Reigate Surrey. My phone number is 01737813025.
Await to hear from you.
Tim.
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
877 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  18:30:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Westbury

Hello,, Tim.
Do you know for certain that this is an original K3 oil tank cap? Perhaps just fitted to the prototype?
I haven’t seen one like this before. Maybe Gerhard or others can shed more light.
Regards,
Chris

Yes, I think that type of oil tank cap was used originally on the K3's.
For example below the cap on K3008 before restoration.
Gerhard

Go to Top of Page

Harry

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  18:48:58  Show Profile
Did a little looking around on this as we wanted one for our special. The winged cap in your picture is the one on the mk11 18/80 petrol neck. The oil tank could have used a smaller one. I made the K3 style for from parts sourced from the Aston Martin world. Can help with sources and notes if needed.
quote:
Originally posted by timothy edwards

Another question, does any body know whether this type of oil tank cap was fitted to other cars such as the 18/80's or the equivalent large Morris vehicles.
What I need is someone who is prepared to give me access to a K3 oil tank cap which I can accurately measure and produce an engineering drawing from which we can manufacture. I don't have to take the cap away with me!.
I hope we can get some response and help from other K3 owners.

Go to Top of Page

timothy edwards

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2022 :  19:34:00  Show Profile
Harry, I would very much appreciate your assistance. This would enable me to make a cap. You can email me direct on, timothysusan339@btinternet.com.
I look forward to hearing from you. Tim.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000