Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Gear lever wanted.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2023 :  16:09:50  Show Profile

Used gear lever wanted to complete a four speed remote.

Sam

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2023 :  20:58:59  Show Profile
Sam, Baynton Jones should be able to help. Suggest New, , because if it breaks your up the swanney, no paddle etc. cheers, Nick.

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2023 :  09:48:18  Show Profile

Thanks Nick. Baynton-Jones and S&V have none in stock.

Since I have no plans to venture up the Swanney (especially single handed) for practicality and economy I would be very happy to find a used gear lever.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1936 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2023 :  10:18:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Dean

Sam, Baynton Jones should be able to help. Suggest New, , because if it breaks your up the swanney, no paddle etc. cheers, Nick.

N A Dean

It depends on the vehicle. I have driven from Dieppe to Abbeville in a Landrover 110 with a broken gear lever. Fortunately getting one gear in the main box was OK without the lever, but practical changing on the move was not possible. However using the other two levers on the overdrive box and transfer box together with a flexible 4.6 V8 facilitated usable progress.

The biggest fear was having to turn around having become lost, without reverse.

Aid came the following morning from a local Agricultural Engineer who agreed I could use their welder to repair it. I was marched through the workshop and presented with a very large arc welding set, a mask and some gloves and left to get on with it.

This was some years ago and in France but even then I don't think in the UK, the Health & Safety police would have let that go!
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1936 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2023 :  12:50:51  Show Profile
Thinking about it, I replaced a slightly dodgy gear lever with a new one some years ago; given that I have difficulty throwing anything away, I should still have the old one somewhere.

I have had a quick look around and cannot immediately locate the old one. I will have a proper look around when I have more time and find it. If all else fails, you are welcome to it as although dodgy, I don't think it is irreparable.
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2023 :  13:00:26  Show Profile

Thanks Nigel. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1936 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2023 :  17:06:45  Show Profile
And the bad news is... I couldn't find the dodgy one.

The good news is... I found another one I didn't know I had, which is well used but apparently sound.

I will send Photo's
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2023 :  13:47:28  Show Profile

I am still looking for a gear lever to complete a four speed remote.

Sam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000