Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 More committee news!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  15:36:36  Show Profile
Many of you, at least those who are MGCC Members, will know that Cat Spoelstra is the Register's Scribe to the Club Magazine, Safety Fast! Over the past 4 and a half years she has contributed a monthly column to the magazine, including 3 special multi page features a year.

Cat has done a fantastic job in ensuring that the Register is well represented in the magazine pages, but she has decided that having overworked herself on many fronts for the past couple of years, she needs cut down on some activities, including as our Scribe. Happily she will continue as Registrar for the C, D, J1, J3, J4, Q and R-types.

We are very sorry to see Cat leaving the committee, but happily her place is being taken by Huw Davies, who after a short spell in joint harness will take over the job in earnest very shortly.

Huw is the owner of a rather tasty D type which he acquired earlier this year, but as he is well-versed in ancient mechanical contrivances you can be sure that he is well and truly on the MMM wavelength!

Huge thanks to Cat and best wishes to Huw.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  15:41:45  Show Profile
Many thanks Cat and Huw :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  17:25:14  Show Profile
Sorry to see Cat leave the post. Her's is the very first thing I read every month in Safety Fast. But thanks for your knowledge and insight.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  18:07:07  Show Profile
Many thanks from me too Cat. I know you are proud of what you have done and so you should be. Keith
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  19:49:07  Show Profile
Thanks for all your hard work Cat, much appreciated.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2023 :  19:54:12  Show Profile
I’ve always enjoyed reading Cat’s words in Safety Fast :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2023 :  18:14:27  Show Profile
Thanks Cat for all your input to Safety Fast and the Committee. Perhaps you will now find time to write your C type book?

As Dick notes thanks to Cat and welcome Huw.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and temporarily K types.
Go to Top of Page

huw

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2023 :  22:18:31  Show Profile
Cat has certainly set the bar very high and if i can get only close i would be more than happy.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2023 :  14:54:17  Show Profile
I'm sure you'll have no trouble surpassing my efforts, Huw, you'll no doubt do brilliantly!

Thanks everyone, for your kind words, it's been a pleasure and an honour. Glad to have brought a little joy to a couple of you at least . Two more four-pagers to go ...

Re. the C-type book, George, the key is in the reason Dick gave in his initial message ... I'd recommend not holding your breath while I re programme myself !

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000