Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 A Late Summer gathering Herts/Essex ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  08:31:23  Show Profile
OK I think we have enough interest for a gathering late August - early September ?

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2023 :  16:17:10  Show Profile
I see from the photos from last Sunday that the summer gathering in Farnham Royal was again a great success and blessed with great weather. Having attended myself several times I know the great effort and organisation it takes by of course the wonderful and sadly late Peter Green and now his family headed up by Elizabeth Taylor proved yet again to be a greatly enjoyed day .
Of course I had no wish to in any way tread on their toes so have left this until last Sunday had been completed .

I am inviting all Triple M members to something in the same vein but rather different here at my home in East Hertfordshire on Sunday afternoon 20th August 2023 ( on probably a far smaller scale ) 59 miles due East of last Sunday's event . I have a 15acre field with a lake in the middle. Access up a private drive in the middle of a small hamlet on the Herts/Essex border, in open countryside 9 miles east of Stansted Airport just off the main A120 road midway between the A10 and the M11. plenty of room for a big display of MMM cars and trailers if you wish . We will have a small 6 piece band playing popular songs and tunes from the 20th century during the afternoon by the lake . You are invited to display your car , you must bring your own deck chairs etc , you may bring your our picnic but hot dogs , bacon rolls burgers water soft drinks and afternoon tea and cakes will be available to purchase which may be booked in advance as of course as a new venture we have no idea how many might want to attend.

There is no admittance charge all members plus partners, family and friends are welcome even if you car happens to be hors de combat at the time and you come in something else . I would merely invite you to contribute to a collection for the band during the afternoon as they are not paid . If this appeals to you and you would like to book to come along as friends and guests to a private garden party please reply to me with all names , what car, where you are coming from and your email contact details to richardhinton50@gmail.com Midday to 5.00pm Sunday 20th August 2023. It would be nice to see you . If it appeals please write to me .

Richard Hinton

Edited by - Richard Hinton on 30/06/2023 16:26:51
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2023 :  20:10:18  Show Profile

Hi Richard,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments about the Summer Gathering, we had a great day and were indeed blessed with lovely weather.

I hope your event is a huge success, we are very keen to attend ourselves and as soon as I know whether we can make Sunday 20th work I will drop you a line.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2023 :  10:21:54  Show Profile
Many thanks Elizabeth, Peter was such a nice man and a great enthusiast I actually bought my present trailer from him for my J1 Salonette when he upgraded larger to carry the K3 .All credit to you for carrying on the family tradition with your splendid landmark annual event which gets bigger every year , I know how much is involved in keeping events going . We hope a few members will come here we are a slightly different catchment area on the edge of East Anglia - but quite close to both A10 and M11. The live music aspect came about when the band had nowhere to play during Covid . So those of you interested drop me a line richardhinton50@gmail.com final details to those who book (no charge) nearer the 20th August . You will need to bring your own deck chairs and either your own picnic or register in advance for purchase of hot food and drinks on the day - just so that we know numbers to cater for . All are welcome. Be lovely to see a nice turn out of Triple M cars too. In my last post I said 9 miles east of Stansted Airport I should have course have said WEST of Stansted Airport .

Richard Hinton

Edited by - Richard Hinton on 04/07/2023 10:28:21
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2023 :  17:30:34  Show Profile
More info by email now if you email me richardhinton50@gmail.com

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2023 :  18:30:06  Show Profile
If you would like to come along on Sunday 20th August in 6 weeks time please email me to book in so that we have a guide to numbers in advance

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2023 :  11:03:52  Show Profile
Perhaps those of you who expressed interest earlier in the year would be kind enough to confirm again now . All others of course very welcome too It is in East Herts 9 miles west of Stansted airport just off the main A120 halfway between the A10 and M11 Sunday 20th August this year . A rural gathering of MMM cars for a picnic and some entertainment . that is just over 5 weeks away richardhinton50@gmail.com

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2023 :  17:59:11  Show Profile
Sunday 20th August Live music by the water all afternoon Pre War MG and classic car gathering , picnic and a natter.
You are all invited Do please come in classic and sports cars for a display line up if you have something old, interesting or competition unusual etc if you can If not welcome in a modern , start arriving midday onwards 12.00pm . expect people typically leave at 5.00pm ish

Will and Rebecca , with Jane's guiding hand and culinary skills you are all familiar with, will be putting on hot hand held food and drinks at lunchtime and tea and cakes in the afternoon you can purchase if they wish
There is no admission charge but there will be a collection for the band please be generous as they are not paid .
Anyone is welcome to attend , plenty of parking it is a big field , Live popular songs fom 1960s to 1990s
If you would like to come along please reply to me now to book (no charge) and give me an indication of numbers and tell me if you are likely to want to buy food and drinks on the day - so that we can make provision for numbers details nearer the day , burgers, hot dogs, bacon rolls tea, coffee, afternoon tea and homemade cakes etc on a priced menu
Directions a week before the event richardhinton50@gmail.com

Richard Hinton Albury Herts SG112HS

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2023 :  16:23:19  Show Profile
Just under 3 weeks to go .

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  14:12:53  Show Profile
It is in just a week's time Sunday 20th August at SG112HS We would love to see you if you can make it .

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2023 :  16:01:53  Show Profile
Well we won't bother again then.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2023 :  18:36:12  Show Profile
Poor show ,one triple m turned up . Plenty of notice and apparent interest .Don't say it was the football surely not ! Would have thought the location was ideal for drawing in members from east anglia, Herts , Beds etc .. Commiserations to Richard for his efforts. I Don't blame him for feeling sour .
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2023 :  19:29:56  Show Profile
I am sad that I couldn't bring my M Type as I had to work that day but also sad for Richard who put so much effort into the invitations. I have been to Richard's events before and they are super. What a disappointment for the Triple M brigade.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2023 :  19:52:50  Show Profile
To paraphrase the late Jim Bowen - "Here is what you might have had "

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2023 :  10:03:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rapide

Poor show ,one triple m turned up . Plenty of notice and apparent interest .Don't say it was the football surely not ! Would have thought the location was ideal for drawing in members from east anglia, Herts , Beds etc .. Commiserations to Richard for his efforts. I Don't blame him for feeling sour .

Thank you for being that one member who did turn up .

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000