Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Frank Ashley
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarrero

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  12:54:43  Show Profile
I have just heard the sad news that Frank passed away this morning and Thelma has asked me to let all of his friends on the forum know.
I'm sure that we will all want to let Thelma know that our thoughts are with her, family and friends.
We will miss you Frank.

Steve Rees
North Cotswolds, UK
J2

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  14:56:16  Show Profile
Very sad news. Another good man lost from out little community. I last spoke to Frank a few months ago and he was his usual cheerful self, he knew his time was limited but fully accepted the situation.
I agree, we will miss him. RIP Frank.
Terry
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  15:59:31  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, how sad.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  16:57:16  Show Profile
Yes, very sad news indeed. I also heard from Thelma this morning. She told me he had just bought a motor scooter to help him get around the Prescott paddock so he could attend PWP in July. He will be much missed by MMM, Morris Register (he was a founder with his much-campaigned M Type), VSCC, BOC, ACOC and VMR members, to name a few.

The following is from the VMR spring Magazine.

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Forumpix/M185-Other_Owners_Opinions.pdf
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  17:25:05  Show Profile
Such sad news. Frank knew only too well that his respiratory illness meant that his days were numbered. It is a mark of the man that he endowed a trophy that will be presented annually to a Triple-M owner at the Prescott long course hill climb. Frank and Thelma made a special visit to brands Hatch just two weeks ago when the trophy was presented to its first recipient Steve Rees.
Rest in peace, dear Frank.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  17:43:23  Show Profile
Such sad news, but what an inspiration to many with lots of help to many along the way.
We were lucky to be part of Franks last competitive event at Prescott late last a season, and to have Frank andThelma join us at MGCC Brands only two weeks ago. Despite his battles, even then Frank still had a mischievous fun glint in his eye. Rest In Peace Frank, and many condolences to Thelma and family. Steve, if you here of anything that Thelma needs help with, then please let us know. Likewise any funeral details.

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

SV4670

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  19:41:15  Show Profile
I spoke to Frank just a few days ago, a very pleasant chat but at the time it felt like he was saying goodbye. A sad loss, I learnt a lot from Frank. Very sorry to hear this news.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1939 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  20:09:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Such sad news. Frank knew only too well that his respiratory illness meant that his days were numbered. It is a mark of the man that he endowed a trophy that will be presented annually to a Triple-M owner at the Prescott long course hill climb. Frank and Thelma made a special visit to brands Hatch just two weeks ago when the trophy was presented to its first recipient Steve Rees.
Rest in peace, dear Frank.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2023 :  22:58:40  Show Profile

I was delighted to meet Frank at Pre-War Prescott. He kindly explained why his M-type performs so well. Although I only met Frank a few times it was a very real honour to know him.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2023 :  17:19:08  Show Profile

Such sad news indeed. Frank was a lovely gentleman and supported so many events, including the Summer Gathering at which he and Thelma very kindly brought along some wonderful homemade cakes to help us all celebrate some special Triple-M anniversaries.

Andrew and I send our sincere condolences to Thelma and all the family.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2023 :  17:57:43  Show Profile
How very sad, I last saw and spoke to Frank at the recent funeral of Len Goff. He was struggling a bit using a walking stick on uneven ground but was his usual cheerful self.

Yet another Triple-M stalwart has passed away.

George
Go to Top of Page

Paul White

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2023 :  20:53:24  Show Profile
What dreadfully sad news - he rang me about a week ago and had a great conversation about his M type exploits over the years . he will be very sadly missed.
Condolences to Thelma and family.
Many thanks Frank
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2023 :  10:13:40  Show Profile
What a great loss. Barbara and I always enjoyed the company of Frank and Thelma, particularly at the Manx Classic, which we will be attending next week. He will be sadly missed.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000