Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple M Races - MGCC Silverstone 10/11th June
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2023 :  07:31:00  Show Profile
*** Racing Update ***
Dear Triple M'ers..... As well as the Triple M Register marquee and timeline display cars we will have two Triple M races at the MG100 Silverstone weekend on 10th/11th June.

Provisional timetable
Sat AM - Qualifying
Sat PM - The Mary Harris Trophy Race - Sponsored by Baynton Jones Historic Motorsport
Saturday Evening - Triple M BBQ
Sun PM - The Triple M Racing challenge cup

The entries are looking superb with an expected 25+ Triple M cars expected on the grid including no less than five K3s ! What a wonderful sight (and sound) that will be....

Sat evening BBQ - This will be based in the paddock but all Triple M friends and enthusiasts are most welcome, racers or not. Further details on timing, buying Food/beer vouchers etc will be available next week. It should be a wonderful social evening of Triple M friendship and camaraderie surrounded by Triple M racing cars, what could be better !

More details to follow... looking forward to seeing you there.

Duncan

Pots

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2023 :  07:52:44  Show Profile

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2023 :  05:47:35  Show Profile
The Silverstone race schedule has been confirmed. Here are the details:

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2023 :  08:19:39  Show Profile
Dick , many thanks for the timetable. The MMM qualifying session could be interesting, being in with the MGCC Trophy cars ! Or does 'split session' mean we only get 10 minutes ? I might just get in the 3 laps needed to qualify !
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2023 :  14:21:36  Show Profile
We’ve been assured we won’t share the track Fred.
Not sure what that does to the timing and my grid position as I’n running the engine in and might take more that 10min for my first lap ;)

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2023 :  21:20:34  Show Profile
I’ve emailed Duncan asking what a split session means, as I don’t understand either

Section Q
“1.3. Unless authorisation has been granted by Motorsport UK there shall be no race (or practice for a race) which combines cars with exposed wheels with closed cars (i.e. saloons etc.). This regulation shall not apply to any race cars of periods A to D or to races for cars of periods E and F providing that such a race does not include any single seat, open wheeled car with a height of less than 33in.”

Roland’s K3 is open wheels and the Trophy ZRs aren’t “Period” cars

“12.4.1. Organisers will provide a period sufficient to allow at least three laps of practice in the prevailing conditions. It is recommended to schedule a period of 10 minutes of practice if the track is less than one mile in length; 15 minutes for a track between 1 mile and 2.5 miles; and 20 minutes for tracks over 2.5 miles”.

Its 3.6 miles a lap so we ought to have 20 minutes.

No doubt all will become clear in due course

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 27/05/2023 21:29:24
Go to Top of Page

rwerwe

Switzerland
37 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2023 :  23:53:23  Show Profile
Thank you Colin for your detailed explanation.
I look forward to seeing how the qualifying session will be.

Roland Wettstein, Switzerland
Parnell-MG K3 (K3009)
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2023 :  10:09:37  Show Profile
Hi all please don’t worry. Or over think this

We are qualifying on our own.

It has been a monumental effort to get us a grid at this event on the GP circuit with is now run by Equipe and not MGCC.

We have had to agree to a shorter qualy session to ensure we have our own race etc.

It’s going to be incredible and rest assured Duncan and I have always stuck to our needs. we will only qualy and race with Triple-M cars.

Any questions just message me or Duncan. Been a crazy few weeks. Me changing job and Duncan moving house …

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

rwerwe

Switzerland
37 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2023 :  10:44:02  Show Profile
Many thanks to you Mark and Duncan.
We appreciate your work for Triple-M Racing very much!

Roland Wettstein, Switzerland
Parnell-MG K3 (K3009)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2023 :  20:32:15  Show Profile
Many thanks Mark and Dunc :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1935 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2023 :  19:20:27  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2023 :  19:39:31  Show Profile
Special weekend, incredible cars, epic displays, thunderous racing but most importantly just a wonderful wonderful group of people. Well done everyone for making this a truly memorable anniversary!
Congrats Roland, double champ and to Chris Cadman who won the Mary Harris Handicap.
Thank you Duncan incredible work but what a result

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2023 :  21:07:20  Show Profile
Hear Hear to everything you have said, Mark.

The MMM racing was formidable and impressive at all levels.

The whole weekend was a great team effort, and that includes our friends in the Vintage register, who played a vital part. Huge thanks to everybody who made the whole weekend so successful in every way. Our team of volunteers ensured that our register marquee, its displays and all that went with it exceeded all our dreams. We even made Best in show and our cars were forever in the limelight!

Thanks go to everybody involved in making the whole event such a success! We made many new friendships and rekindled others. Thanks to you all, The Triple-M register is very much alive and kicking!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2023 :  10:15:40  Show Profile
Hear hear from me also.

Well done Duncan, Mark and all the racers for putting on such a wonderful show. I thought Harry Painter’s performance in the Kanye special was nothing short of amazing!

A special thank you must go to our esteemed Secretary Dick who put in an amazing amount of work to ensure everything was in place and ran smoothly.

George
Registrar F/l/N types
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2023 :  10:16:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

Hear hear to everything said from me also.

Well done Duncan, Mark and all the racers for putting on such a wonderful show. I thought Harry Painter’s performance in the Kanye special was nothing short of amazing!

A special thank you must go to our esteemed Secretary Dick who put in an amazing amount of work to ensure everything was in place and ran smoothly.

George
Registrar F/L/N types

Edited by - George Eagle on 12/06/2023 10:19:41
Go to Top of Page

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2023 :  11:54:21  Show Profile
Guys

Video of 2 laps of Race 1.

https://youtu.be/4f-R0NRdzXU

No sound. Sorry about the fly on the lens.

Enjoy

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000