Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Salon Prive - Blenheim Palace - 29-31 August
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2023 :  15:19:56  Show Profile
We have received this tantalising invitation for a selected number of cars to be included in this very prestigious event, details below.

If you are interested in knowing more do please contact Nick Wilkes the main organiser for further details and to express interest .

Many thanks.
Dick M

Message reads as follows

Subject: MG Centenary Celebration

Hi,

Salon Privé https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/ is held every August at Blenheim Palace and is renowned as one of the Top 10 Auto Concours in the world. We have entries from owners and collectors from all over the world and frequently have celebratory displays/classes running at the event. I am championing the idea of curating an MG centenary celebration class at the Salon Privé Concours this year and am looking for some outstanding models to support the display.

I am aware of the fantastic history of the MG marque (both on the road & the race track) and undoubtedly there are some very special cars out there from the Ks through the Ps, the Ts, the As, the Bs, the Cs and even up to the ZV-R. From Brooklands to Mille Miglia and even Le Mans (I noted that the car which finished the race in 1965 is still on the road & taxed!) the MG marque has held its own against giants such as Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Maserati & Porsche and so should be celebrated alongside them…. From a personal perspective, at various times during the 1980’s I owned a Midget, MG BGT & an MGB Roadster, so I have a connection to the marque too.

If you have (or know of) a car with provenance which you feel would be ideal for this display and you would like to know more, then please contact me as below. For information, the display would be set up on Tuesday 29th August & the cars would be ready to take away after 17:00 on Thursday 31st August.

Best regards
Nick Wilkes
NCB WILKES
Concours Coordinator & Concierge

M: + 44 (0)7795 213361

Nickw@salonpriveconcours.com

W: www.salonpriveconcours.com

www.salonprivelondon.com

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org