Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The anniversary and completion of PB0759
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2023 :  21:36:18  Show Profile
This coming year is a special one for me. It will mark 50 years of ownership and custodian of my PB, the car I was given, or sort of, took over from my father when I was 14.
Also plan to complete the car as far as I wish to take it, the parts shown to be fitted.
There is so much history with the car and having used conservation methods to preserve and improve it, this I feel is as far as I want to go. The frame has been patched with wooden inserts with epoxy and chassis tub has never been off the car. I found a lot of sand in the chassis years ago, the beach race photo of car I found out why. Wished I'd kept the sand, all other parts taken off the car, have been kept.
Is going extremely well, about to be taken off the road, for about a year, to complete this work. The car as can be seen was originally black. Painted red in the 50s, and quite a lot of the paint on the car is lacquer, redone in the mid 60s by my late father.
The idea with the extra pork pie lamps is to fit them as high lights on the luggage rack, and include indicators all round. The original long battery cover to be repaired, and fitted in a plywood box with a small standard battery inside.
I have a number of parts spare such as new side screen and hood frames, and new Andre Hartfords front and back, think I'll hang on to these. The car still has its original Luvax rear shocks, work ok.
Donald
PB0759

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000