Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Info on L type Continental Coupes
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2009 :  17:27:28  Show Profile
I am trying to get in touch with any L1 Continental Coupe owners, with regards to exchanging information as to originality details etc. I understand there is someone in Australia wanting information on the sliding roof and another original car in Germany. If people wish to contact me with a view to exchanging information on details in restoring these cars they can contact me off line.

Regards......... Terry

Berndt

Sweden
20 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  09:47:49  Show Profile
Hello Terry!

I?m the owner of Continental L0713. At the moment the car is under rebuild. The chassie, engine, gearbox, axels etc are ready.The wings front and rear, are rebuilt. The seats and interiorpanels, instruments, doorhandels etc, as well as all cromedetails, are ready The body has a new ashframe and some panels are ready. At the moment we think we know how the slidingroof in supposed to be built. All the deatails to the roof is there but there is still some problems. I have ben in contact with Martin Barett in Austrailia, who owns L0730, and has sent me lots of pictures of his car which have solved many problems for me. Very glad to hear from you and others in the same "situation" and hope of much information in all directions!

Continental wishes!
Berndt Aulin
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  11:44:04  Show Profile
[Hi Berndt,
Very good to hear from you. My car is L0732 and not been on the road since 1951 and not known to the register! My car seems to be very original the only detail missing is the sliding roof. I think this is very similar in construction to the F1 /J1 types. I will contact you off line with pictures of the details including the ôdolls eyeö interior light switch, the wire baskets over the wheel arches, the rear carpet storage pockets and the little storage pockets at the A post for starters. I have been sent pictures of MaxÆs one in Luxembourg. I understand the one in Germany is being restored by a car dealer so not contacts from there yet. If possible could you give me details of Martin off line? I think I know of 7 L CCÆs so farà.anyone else with a L1 Continental Coupeà. Please feel free to contact me àregardsàTerry
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  18:18:35  Show Profile
Terry,

Unfortunately, Martin is not on e-mail. I've e-mailed you his adress in South Australia.

JJ

Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  02:58:49  Show Profile
Hi Terry.
Just wondering, do you have some of the original paint on the engine and if so, what colour is it?

Cheers,
Matthew.
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  18:37:48  Show Profile
Hi Mathew,

The colour is a muddy brown maroon colour. The same as a couple of my other engines. I emailed photos of the colour I mixed up from Maroon Brown and Black for my other cars to Rod Brayshaw in Aus too.
Have a look at the picture if you want more info email me off line and I will forward the one I sent Rod. Regards Terry

Ps Also search on this site for other views. Mud Maroon V Bright Red

Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  18:52:39  Show Profile
Sorry Mathew Rod is in NZ not OZ

Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  03:11:05  Show Profile
Thank you Terry, I appreciate that.

Cheers,
Matthew.

P.S.Anyone wanting to see old photos of Australian MGs, search:
Matthew Magilton Archive
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  10:00:01  Show Profile
Matthew and all,

There is already a link to the Pre-war MG Register of Australia on our Links page - your archive has many interesting photos.

John R
Go to Top of Page

Berndt

Sweden
20 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  18:30:54  Show Profile
I have my engine painted dark maroon.

Berndt
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Magilton

Hi Terry.
Just wondering, do you have some of the original paint on the engine and if so, what colour is it?

Cheers,
Matthew.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000