Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P Type Precision Model and Kitset Project
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2023 :  21:24:44  Show Profile
I have indicated this idea in the past, and am now ready to get it underway.
Following on from the PWMG parts I have been making, a passion for model making, and looking towards my retirement years (65 here in NZ) project and income support, I am announcing the start of this project, and welcome input and support from this forum, which has also been a great inspiration to me.
The project is to design, prototype, and make a micro-precision P Type 1:12 scale model, and kitset. Prep work to be over the next year and a half, to Aug 2025 (I'll be 65), then 3 years to make the kit. The kit is planned to be available to anyone, who wants to go through the design process, and build a P Type MG. Options proposed are PA, PB, Airline, and specials such as race cars. It will be museum quality, as for the models of renowned model maker Gerald Wingrove, who I have always greatly admired. A similar model was made by the Britten motorbike company here in NZ called the Baby Britten. A Pewter model, I made one.
Materials and parts as close to original, such as pressed steel body parts, and a wooden frame. Scale bolts and rivets are also available in 1:12 scale I found (from the USA). Tried the first part back in 2015, the inner guard for the P Airline shown below.
Thought is for a 5D design, the other two dimensions are sound (of a real PB, mine!), and motion (electric motor internal).
The first model I made along these lines, was the Airfix 1:12 scale Bentley 4 1/2 litre, when I was 12 years old.
Numbers of the kitset will not exceed 526, with the first one, number 251.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000