Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type Door Catches
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  09:12:26  Show Profile
I am currently fitting catches to the doors of my M Type. The only way I can get them to "slam shut" is to set the striker plate protusion to be about 1/18" and even then the body is being over strained as the door is closed. If I leave it at this I know the door will open as I go over the first road bump. A friend of mine who is very knowledgable about M Types tells me he every car he has seen needed the use of the interior handle to close the door. Does anyone have a M Type where the door can be smoothly slam shut? If so how did they manage it? The catches I am using are the ones with a leaver operated tongue which is rounded so it can be pushed back by the striker. The striker is a piece of 1/8" plate and also has a hole which engages with a bullet shaped protusion from the catch. This has a rubber washer so the thing stops the door dropping and also acts as buffer.

Cheers
Jan T
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000