Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 UK ULEZ regs and Triple-M'ers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2024 :  16:31:38  Show Profile
Seeking confirmation that this UK exemption (see below) applies to our Triple-M cars?
Are there any differences in the EU?

"ULEZ-exempt classic cars
Classic cars may be exempt from the ULEZ if they fall into the historical vehicle tax class. This generally applies to any vehicle built more than 40 years ago in any given year.
Be sure to check for your vehicle to see if this exemption applies to you. You may also have to register your vehicle in order to make sure it is not charged.
"

If "yes", does registration of the car have to be made to each UK ULEZ authority/city/town?

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6115 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2024 :  17:00:51  Show Profile
Bruce,
The Transport for London website has all the information you need regarding London.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DK6780

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2024 :  18:09:16  Show Profile
The key thing to remember is that ULEZ is different from the Congestion charge in London. ULEZ works on the DVLA database and hence relies on your MMM being correctly registered - it's worth checking on the website:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2024 :  19:43:03  Show Profile
Thank you Simon and Duncan for your replies, and of course I had already read the TfL (Traffic-for-London) website exception criteria.
HOWEVER:
1) In the UK, are all the other UK cities/towns with ULEZ/LEZ rules following the same exemption criteria as those for London?

2) Can our EU Triple-M members advise classic/historic/Triple-M cars' emission exception regulations in European counties, please?

Edited by - Bruce Sutherland on 12/02/2024 19:45:20
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2024 :  21:06:22  Show Profile
In Holland any car over 40year old is exempt from any environmental zones.
In Paris (afaik different then other French cities) only French historic vehicles are exempt, but I’ve been recently in a car with out crit air sticker and was not fined so chance of getting caught must be low. Though I can’t imagine anyone wanting to drive a classic (or any car) in Paris

My general experience with these kind of automatic numberplate recognition things is that foreign classics just get through.
For example I’ve tried to pay for the Dartford crossing many times but always fail as the system just doesn’t recognise my number plates

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

huw

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2024 :  07:13:43  Show Profile
https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/driving-abroad

Information on driving in France and Germany
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly