Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P-type upholstery / interior
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Ross

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  22:43:10  Show Profile
Has anyone any photographs of P-type interiors as they originally were? The few I have say that there was no Hidem strip - new on the TA? Did the doors have a recess? or elastic pocket? Any information gratefully received.
Thanks

mikesone

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:45:14  Show Profile
Mike, I don't know what a hidem strip is - is it piping?

As regards original pics, there is a rather indifferent one in my repro PA Instruction manual which seems to show such a strip around the edge of the semi-circular hole in the door, and a modern pic on p68 in Malcolm Green's big book 'MG Sports Cars' which also shows a strip - is this the info you are after? I don't know about elastic pockets, but there should be a back lining to the door which shows the MG logo on it... best seen on some of the well-restored cars around... not mine!

There were a few books on the lines 'Original T-types/Austin 7s etc.' around a while back but as far as I know one never appeared for Triple-Ms - a bit of a minefield, I guess. I have the T-type one but not much trim is shown.

cheers

Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 09/03/2009 11:56:53
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  17:33:15  Show Profile
As I understand it hidem is a fabric/canvas strip where part of the material is folded over. This allows you to nail/screw it on to the car and the folded over bit covers the nail/screw heads from view.
It does what it says on the tin "hide them" - hidem - geddit
I could be totally wrong of course - it won't be the first time!
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
873 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  18:28:31  Show Profile
- - Hidem Strip - -
When "tonym" is right with his explanation by word,
then the photo below can give the optical explanation.

Go to Top of Page

Bob Prichard

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  19:15:13  Show Profile
Mike.
you are correct. Hidem strip was not used on the P type
MG T series restoration guide by Malcolm Green gives an excellent description of fitting"Hidem Binding" with photographs on page 117.
This was used to hide the fixing of the panels.
On the P type the piping was tacked to the wood frame and the door panels etc. were then attached using chrome raised head screws using cup washers
Hope this explains all if you require further information please let me know.

Regards
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Mike Ross

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  21:47:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Grahamarrondelle

Mike, I don't know what a hidem strip is - is it piping?

As regards original pics, there is a rather indifferent one in my repro PA Instruction manual which seems to show such a strip around the edge of the semi-circular hole in the door, and a modern pic on p68 in Malcolm Green's big book 'MG Sports Cars' which also shows a strip - is this the info you are after? I don't know about elastic pockets, but there should be a back lining to the door which shows the MG logo on it... best seen on some of the well-restored cars around... not mine!

There were a few books on the lines 'Original T-types/Austin 7s etc.' around a while back but as far as I know one never appeared for Triple-Ms - a bit of a minefield, I guess. I have the T-type one but not much trim is shown.

cheers

Graham

mikesone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000