Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Carbodies ID plate
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gregory

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  16:27:21  Show Profile
I have recently purchase a new ID plate for my J2 ( number 9996). Should the number be stamped or engraved, should it be displayed with a prefix letter and what font type was used? Also, advice on fix position would be appreciated.

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  16:55:23  Show Profile
The Carbodies body ID plate for the J2 orginally had the numbers stamped on it. If you E mail me on tholden@supanet.com I will scan in the one on my desk and send to you by reply so you can see the style of the numbers. It was fixed to the vertical panel behind the drivers seat by 4 small RH screws.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  13:54:11  Show Profile
On the subject of car bodies (I no longer have a plate for my PB as the cross piece was replace by me as a boy) whilst scratching about my probably original tub on the bulkhead there is a number stamped on the wood 2801 is the number .... is this supposed to match the carbody number ?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1565 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:45:41  Show Profile
Robin,
Here are some photos taken at strip of my PB showing the body no. on the ash frame and the same no. on the firewall/bulkhead plate:

Hope this helps.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  15:03:51  Show Profile
Bruce

The original body and firewall In my PA had the same stampings and maker's plate positions as in your pictures.

I don't think P types generally had a Carbodies plate mounted within the body. Certainly mine did not have one, though I have seen drawings which suggest that in some cars perhaps a plate may have been fitted on the vertical ply panel behind the driver's seat.

I think there are probably differences between the J and P in this respect.

Also, the makers plates as shown in your picture are of course different items compared with the Carbodies plates.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 29/05/2009 15:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  16:18:10  Show Profile
having hunted out my body plate it matches ! I must say that I do ont remember a plate on the vertical ply when i first looked at it in 1965 .... I did keep the other plates eg handbake adjustment so probably as suggested there was none.
robin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000