Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM at Concord NH
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  12:52:22  Show Profile
I just returned from the New England MG T Register's GOF in Concord New Hampshire. Although this is mainly a T type gathering, six MMM cars were present, some of which were the most popular at the meet.

I brought my newly acquired M type which had been James Mumford's car, a car known to many on this list. The car caused a great deal of excitement, as it was the oldest car present. Everyone wanted to drive it, and all those that got a chance had the same comment. What a "sweet car". They were all amazed at how fast it was. No problem keeping up with the other cars. In fact it was faster than a lot of T types.

The second MMM that caused excitement was a newly restored J2 LEFT hand drive! The owner (age 92) bought the car in 1949, and it had already been converted to left hand drive. . He started to restore the car in 1953 and finished last week. Now I know why I have no patience, he must have taken my share. Although there was a little over chroming, the car was gorgeous and it was impossible to detect the alterations made to the steering conversion.

The third car was a newly restored J1. Its owner is known for his absolute attention to detail. Every slotted screw was positioned in the same direction. The top (hood) and interior was unbelievable.

Chris Nolan brought his fabulous blown L type and his unrestored J2. The J2 was entered in the funkana, held in a huge parking lot where a difficult road course was set up (with 4 backing up manuvers as well) Chris blew away the T types in the event. My M type did very well and may have gained a 2nd or 3rd place if I hadn't backed into the wrong space.

A note about the M. My wife and I have been married 43 years. At one time we weighed just over 225 pounds combined. Now I tell people we weigh as much as the car. Never the less we drove the 70 miles of the rally sitting togther in the M type, through the steep hills and deep valleys of New Hampshire, driving through the several "covered bridges" and it was a terrific lesson in "togetherness". I wondered if we would make 44 years.

Please excuse length of this note, but I wanted to share the delight of my first real use of the M type, and to share my delight in what a well prepared MMM car can still do.
Mike L

Mike L

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  22:09:07  Show Profile
Hi Mike,

Don't apologize, good to hear you had a good first outing !

Enjoy!
Cathelijne Spoelstra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000