Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Prescott
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:07:39  Show Profile
HI, Just interested to see who else is out and about at prescott. I ll be down from thursday night as I have a place in the Friday event. I know the Potters C Type is in for Friday too. Look forward to seeing many of you over the weekend. Thanks Mark Dolton

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  12:24:47  Show Profile
Hello Mark,

What do you mean by the Friday event? I thought the event was held over Saturday and Sunday. We're only spectating, and arriving on Saturday morning, so what will we miss on Friday?

Cheers,
Cathelijne Spoelstra

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  12:40:53  Show Profile
Hi there Cathelijne.

As its the 75th Anniversary of the VSCC this year and Prescott is the opening event of a week long celebration they have added an extra hill climb event on the Friday. It will run as a seperate VSCC event to Sat / Sun but exactly the same format.

Its just to make sure as a many as possible could take part as the event is massively oversubscribed. So it really is going to be a cracking weekend!!!

There is loads going on so have a look at the www.VSCC.co.uk website under 75th Anniversary.

We are also competing on August 5th in the Malvern, Throck morton Sprint which is part of the programme of events.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  14:23:33  Show Profile
Sigh ... if only we lived in England ... I'm afraid we can only make it to the regular event and that only is because I quit smoking and I thought I deserved an extra trip to England for that ...!

Anyway, enjoy the weeks' festivities and we might see you on either Sat or Sun!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  15:48:33  Show Profile
Mark

I will be there on the Sunday, with the picnic crowd in the Orchard.

Cathelijne

If you have never been to the VSCC Prescott, you should try to go for two days. But if you cannot manage that then go on the Sunday when, apart from the wonderful collection of competing cars in the paddock, you will also find, in the Orchard car park, the biggest collection of interesting prewar cars you have ever seen. And there is also the BOC's Bugatti museum. A truly wonderful event. I guarantee you will enjoy it.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  16:52:26  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

Did go last year ... Were positively at what we saw, hence my looking for a reason to go again ! Will be there for both days, can't wait!

Cheers,
Cathelijne
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  20:41:24  Show Profile
I plan to be there in the NB on the Sunday weather permitting!

I hope to see you there.

George
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  21:02:59  Show Profile
Cathelijne

Yes VSCC Prescott is rather overwhelming the first time you visit. It was this event which persuaded me that I had to join the VSCC, sell my MGB and buy a prewar car. This turned out to be a PA.

I will look out for you on the Sunday to say Hi. However with the large crowds the odds of bumping into one another are not high.

We did meet earlier this year at Peter GreenÆs Summer Gathering when we shared a lunch table.

Lets hope for good weather then we will have the opportunity to bump into George and his NB as well. At my last three events I have experienced rain so IÆm due a dry sunny one.

Peter

PS Congratulations on giving up the æweedÆ. Well done.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  21:08:33  Show Profile
Alas the Morbeys won't be at Prescott, as we have our son's wedding celebrations that weekend.

However, we and the PA will be at the VSCC Malvern anniversary celebrations the following week. At the risk of hijacking the thread, will any other Triple-M ers be there?

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  21:49:00  Show Profile
Dick

I will be there Thursday through Saturday.

Peter PA 0758
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  08:42:38  Show Profile
What a cracking weekend!! Great to see so many of you out and about, spectating and competing. Many thanks to all those who hosted / Staged the various BBQ's too!!! I ll get cracking on the write up for both events for the next bulletin. Despite the damp Sat and an interesting exit from the campsite it was a wonderful meeting. Hopefully see everyone again on Wed at the Anniversary sprint, its a cracking entry!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  14:30:00  Show Profile
Well Sunday was a great day for spectators but I did not manage to to bump into any forumists. I did however see lots of my friends from Northamptonshire. Including Ian Smith who spent a long night celebrating with a certain Mr Dolton. Ian put up a great performance in his newly acquired PA/PB special on the Friday.

Peter

Edited by - Peter Scott on 03/08/2009 14:30:34
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  17:12:11  Show Profile
Competing on Friday certainly freed up some very valuable social time!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000