Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Lack of Triple-M entry in August Safety Fast!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:09:25  Show Profile
Triple-M Scribe here ......

I was dismayed to be told by Kimber House that for the second time in a few months my submitted copy for the Safety Fast! "Register Update" had been omitted. No-one seems able to say whether this was caused at the Editorial or production level but the result is the same - nothing in print.

Before anyone leaps in to suggest that this is more evidence of lack of support for the Triple-M register from the MGCC mother ship, I am sure this is just a cock up rather than a conspiracy.

Here is what you would have been reading. Some of the following will also appear in the September section, which we have been promised will be a full page......

REGISTER PUBLICATIONS
2008 Yearbook
Thanks to a sterling effort by John Reid, the 2008 Register Yearbook is now available. This year’s edition (72 pages with 32 in colour) includes the Chairman’s Chat from Peter Green, Mike Linward’s illustrated report on the Competition Year and a feature “MG Rallying in the 1930’s” by Malcolm Green. The much-missed Bob Hudson in "A Tale of two C-types" has written an account of experiences with his C-types, and another piece about Oliver Richardson’s C-type penned by next year’s Yearbook Editor, Cathelijne Spoelstra. Andrew Bradshaw contributes a comprehensive technical article on building Triple-M engines and Mark Sellick writes about a J2 his Father owned in the 60s. This lavishly-illustrated publication can be purchased at the very reasonable price of £12.

2009 register of Cars
Also available now is the latest edition of the Register of Cars, which contains a list of all the surviving cars known to the Register.

The Triple-M Bulletin
The 50th edition of the bi-monthly Bulletin (July issue) is now in print and Editor Philip Bayne-Powell has compiled a bumper issue, with reports on the Exmoor Rut, the Caledonian Centre’s 3-day scenic tour, the VSCC Wiscombe hill climb and Curborough Sprint. There’s also a report on the June meeting of the Register Committee, the Summer Gathering and competition news. A rarity is Terry Andrews’ article about his recent acquisition of an L-type continental coupe – and there’s much more to enjoy.

Details of these indispensible publications as well as a host of other printed media, including pamphlets, charts and instructions are available on the Register website.

EVENTS
www.triple-mregister.org/events.asp
• 1st August – VSCC Prescott Hill Climb 01608 644777
• 2nd August: MGCC Midland Centre - Curborough Summer Sprint. Dave Ormerod: 01384 263627
• 3rd – 8th August: VSCC 75th Anniversary event. Malvern. Details: www.vscc.co.uk
• 9th August: Black Horse Driving Tests. 01372 452133
• 31st August: MGCC SW Colerne Sprint. 01275 790855
• 12th September: MGCC Wiscombe Hill Climb. 01963 440941
• 26th September: VSCC Loton Park Hill Climb. 01608 644777
• 17th October: MGCC Castle Coombe Sprint. 01235 555552

EUROPEAN EVENT OF THE YEAR 2009
I am indebted to Roger Martin for the accompanying picture (not shown here) taken at the recent European event of the Year 2009, hosted by MGCC Norway near Geiranger. He comments: “I was surprised at the turn of speed of the little six cylinder N-types (compared to my memories from owning a P-type). It is not often one sees a K Special charging a mountain pass but I have to say the sound was as memorable as the sight…….”

AND FINALLY … CAR NEWS
News has reached your scribe of the re-emergence of another Triple-M car – this one being a J2 which has been owned by Philip Jay for some decades. After a period of inactivity the car is now reported to be largely original and driveable – no longer having the Morris powerplant and hydraulic brakes of 23 years ago and we wish Philip well with his re-acquaintance with his car!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  11:37:52  Show Profile
Well, well, well Mr Morbey. Not again ...........

Suggested item for your birthday list?

Peter

PS Nick. Please do not delete I'm only joking. Honest I am.

Edited by - Peter Scott on 12/08/2009 11:39:08
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  12:59:47  Show Profile
Member of the "Safety Fast" Editorial Committee here.....

Yes, I was also disappointed (to put it mildly) at the non appearance of the Triple-M Notes.

As a member of the Editorial Committee I do not see a copy of the magazine before it goes off (perhaps I ought to) so was unaware that the Triple-M Notes were not included.

I apologise on behalf of the Editorial Committee.

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000