Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 reading and viewing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  22:40:19  Show Profile
Just been reading part 1 of an excellent article by Malcom Green on 75 years of the N type in this months MG Owners Club mag. Worth seeking out. Nice pics of your car George. Also pics of MG 3094 and
MG 3694 and DHL 3 racing at Donington in the VSCC Ladies race.

Also watched again recently the 20 minute British Pathe news film on the building of MG,s at Abingdon in 1931. Great film of M, F and C types under construction. I love the staged shot of the guy with the spray gun painting what appears to be a completed salonette. No mask, no Health and Safety regs and paint everywhere.

Again seek it out if you have never viewed it - an absolute must for any Triple M enthusiast.

TH

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  05:39:16  Show Profile
Where would one look for this film...I tried a google but no luck
Terry
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  10:23:17  Show Profile
Try this link

http://www.britishpathe.com/results.php?search=BUILDING+MG%27S+AT+ABINGDON

best wishes

ross kelly
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  12:21:48  Show Profile
Ross, thanks, what a great film. 1931, the depression was at its height, and look at all the people that were employed. Of course I wonder how their health was. I assume the ventilation was great for all those cars running their engines indoors. But the paint shop with no masks and the metal cutter without a welders helmet! Maybe they did use masks but were so vain that they didn't use them for the camera. Wanted their moms to recognize them when they saw them at the cinema.

Great film

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  14:37:42  Show Profile
Thank You Ross...fabulous!!! I wish there were a similar film showing the N types being built...
Terry
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  12:17:10  Show Profile
Hi Terry

Thanks for letting us all know about the expert Malcolm Green article and the Pathe news item.

Malcolm, and Richard Monk, very kindly sent me a copy of the November issue of the very good Enjoying MG magazine. The quality of the pictures of the N types, including AAM372, are very good.

I note there will be a follow up N article by Malcolm in the December issue.

Regards George
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000