Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Vintage MG Parts.com
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
227 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  22:43:52  Show Profile
Whilst I and other traders have to bite our lip when reading the streams of "I am the best", "ours product surpasses all others" on this traders website, I regret I could not allow his latest comments regarding water jacket plates to pass without challenge. How he can suggest that his water jacket plates are not to be confused with 'a copied product elsewhere' when it is he, and he alone, that has copied a product that I and Sports and Vintage Motors have been manufacturing for more than 30years, is beyond me, and many of you I expect.
By all means make them, and other parts that are readily available from myself & S&V, but to continuously suggest to members that his products are the 'best', or better than all others is misleading and untrue. His bonnet catches are NOT exclusive to this trader as they come from my own supplier! Kimble has been supplying rectangular glass to his aero-screens for years; and the rear view mirrors advertised are NOT the best, for as you all know I have been supplying you with genuine LUCAS 70 year old original stock for the past 25years. The Moss ones he offers are good, but do not relate in any way to the original Lucas type'160'with inscription and medallion.
As for Tom Dark's 'N' sumps that he is offering, I'm afraid neither I or S&V can compete with his advertised price as we are obliged to charge VAT. Sorry.

Edited by - Barry Walker on 16/11/2009 22:52:23

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  23:11:12  Show Profile
Please let there be a peaceable relationship between traders; you provide a greatly-valued service to the Triple-M fraternity.
There should always be rivalry and hopefully healthy competition, but you donÆt need to abuse one another, particularly in public ààààà..please!

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

doctorbob

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  23:51:04  Show Profile
Should not this post be on the 'traders forum' where at least it can be moderated?! I know Nick isn't keen on the forum as site for personal attack!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  01:27:20  Show Profile
An Interesting read from this particular complainant.

Vintage MG Parts have set up to improve parts generally and it is also fair to say that the MMM enthusiast needs more choice and a lack of competition has until recent times been a little unhealthy.

We have developed the VMGP business by listening to customers needs in the market and they like to be treated fairly. Also, it is well documented that some reproduction parts which have been supplied for years could be improved or are simply incorrect for any number of reasons. For example, repro dogbone filler caps are wholly unrepresentative of the correct factory design and have been allowed to proliferate the scene for decades although this is another "true copy" product we have now mastered and it is totally different to its repro alternative. If we cannot make a product ourselves in-house or through commission without improvement over what is generally available then more often than not, we will not bother but our aims are to return to grass root MG factory design.

Regarding water jacket plates, we responded to request by developing our own tooling to make stainless steel water jacket plates. Neither Mr Walker nor any other trader wished to make these irrespective of what may be claimed and we assume because more coated mild steel ones are sold when they again rot through. It is not surprising therefore that we have had to make so many and to us, this was an obvious improvement. Bonnet catches left room for improvement, yes we use a mutual supplier who is not exclusive to any trader but his spec is. We make it clear on the website what we have improved. We have addressed many other items to include horn button mounted mirrors, rocker shaft bushes, octagonal lamps, hold down bolts, Volumex cover plates, staggered manifolds, gear knobs etc etc and the list will continue to get longer as we are working on more goodies. We cannot be criticised for addressing any complacency in reproduction of parts.

It is also fair to say that as there are so many customers who openly highlight that there are certain people they do not wish to deal with in the market place, the enthusiast therefore needs choice and in addition, no parts supplier will live for ever and the world must keep spinning. It is also been widely noted that since we commenced developing our website, our main competitors also started to copy our formats and do the same. Surely this is all excellent news for the MMM enthusiast and the main MMM parts suppliers are now also benefiting from stocking some of our developed products or are now openly following our initiatives for improvement.

We can state with certainty that the complainant has not been able to obtain samples of our N type sumps or mirrors to be in a position to make comment. We do not offer original mirrors but an excellent alternative at an affordable price.

Vintage MG Parts are disinterested in embarking on industrial espionage and we have not retaliated on each of many occasions as we are too busy to be bothered, it does not affect us. Such events are generally reported to us and it does actually sometimes help to raise our profile which is great! We do try to make it clear to the customer where we have enhanced a product, we study competing products and we are proud of all the parts we offer. There is plenty of room for everyone in this market.

Best regards to all fellow MMM enthusiasts, customers and friends.

Rich H

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 17/11/2009 02:44:30
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  07:26:44  Show Profile
Whilst I do find myself agreeing with Richard Hardy's comments, Barry should be heard (even if we are quite capable of "reading between the lines" when looking at a sellers discription of the part he's supplying), I have found Barry's on line cataloge a "mine of free information".

Let's all live in peace and goodwill.

Keith Wallace
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  12:38:58  Show Profile
These forums are not to be used to air personal grievances.
Members are quite capable of decided for themselves which traders produce good products and who makes false claims and from whom they wish to purchase parts.
I think it it time to draw a veil over this thread.
Nick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000