Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Leather
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  20:41:24  Show Profile
Can anyone suggest a leather supplier who can supply the original shade of Apple Green leather ? I have an original sample but have not yet found a reasonable match. I have seen cars upholstered in this colour in recent years so it should be available. I also need matching leathercloth.
Thanks

TH

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  22:47:38  Show Profile
Terry
Have you tried Connolly Leather Ltd. They supplied the apple green leather and other matching trim for my NB when it was restored back in 1995. I haven't seen anything about them for a while, but they may be still in business?
The other TH.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  23:03:09  Show Profile
Thanks Terry but I believe Connoly went out of business about 7 or 8 years ago. There is a company called UK Hide which was selling their old stock. I purchased my last leather from them and am awaiting a reply re availability of Apple Green.
I have also written and E mailed a certain gentleman in your neck of the woods who I believe can get it but cannot get a reply.
Regards

TH
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  10:14:42  Show Profile
Hi All,

I too am looking for Apple Green lining material, I would like to see a sample never having seen Apple Green.

Any advice gratefully received.

Russ
PB 0333
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  16:41:47  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

I obtained an exact match for red for the N type from Leatherwerks (Note the spelling) not that far from you in Stockbridge Hants. Mark got a Green to match the TQ car I sent you pictures of. If you have a sample it may well worth a trip. The address is: Leatherwerks Little Dean Yard London Road Stockbridge Hants SO20 6EL tel: 01264 810080 and www.leatherwerks.co.uk. Their main business is re-trimming Porsche cars. (I have no connections with this company other that as a customer).

Regardsą..The Other Terry
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  18:23:01  Show Profile
Hi Terry
Yes I saw them at Beaulieu and was in touch with them recently about changing the colour of some leather seats but got the impression they were not very keen on doing anything other than re-trimming Porches ! I will try them again after christmas re supplying leather and let you know if I have any luck. Maybe I got the wrong man - do you have a name ?
Incidently try spelling their name with an "o" instead of an "e" and have a look at the site which comes up
Happy Christmas

TH
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  10:10:43  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

I took the spelling directly from the business card which I have checked again!!! I thought was strange that why I put the note in the brackets in the original post! However, I did not try the web address so I suspect that the business cars were printed wrong! I visited the premises and they had quite a range of colours. Some are end of lines and some are standard stock. Michael Kuijpers in Holland does good work www.kuijper-interieur.nl and does many Triple-M cars for StefaanĘs Belgium groups as well as Holland and Germanyą.. regardsą.The Other Terry
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  12:35:58  Show Profile
Sorry Terry you misunderstood what I said. You have spelt their name correctly. However if you do what I did and spell it incorrectly with an "O" by accident, you get another site with some rather attractive bodywork partly clad in leather !!!

Thanks for reco on the trimmer but Holland is too far ! Will only need to get the pleated work on the bucket seats and the hood done on this car and there are several companies locally who can do that. Do everything else myself.
Have a good Christmas, speak soon.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  18:22:55  Show Profile
I have used Parkstone Trimming co , Poole on 01202 380907 for years
and Barry Chapple seems to be able to get most shades of colour in
leather, he has just finished a complete retrim of a 4 str NA in
blue,and it looks fantastic.
Nick.