Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M double 12 manifolds
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2005 :  10:30:36  Show Profile
Are M type double 12 manifold only held on to the head by the 4 original studs, or is there some other fixings?

Richard

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2005 :  21:37:58  Show Profile
Richard,

I am just about to do the same with mine - I think its held by the four original studs. I'll confirm the same when I have matched up over the weekend!

Tom
Go to Top of Page

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2005 :  08:36:53  Show Profile
Tom, I have a double 12 type side exit exhuast on my M, but it seams a heck of a weight to hang on those 4 small studs.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2005 :  18:06:29  Show Profile
Richard

I am pretty sure that the mounting is the same as for standard M. My 4 branch down and under version is mounted that way, and hasn't fallen off yet

Frank
Go to Top of Page

blackhands

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2005 :  19:52:35  Show Profile
Richard

I've just checked my replica C type which has an M engine. The manifold is indeed held only by the 4 small (1/4" BSF) studs. As my engine is not yet running I don't know how fragile this is but worringly the manifold sticks out at right angles 310mm from the head so there must be quite a lot of leverage. Also the entire exhaust system is held on only by these 4 studs and a strap round the pipe near the rear wing.

Max
Go to Top of Page

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2005 :  21:04:55  Show Profile
Richard,

It would certainly seem to hang mainly off those 4 bolts. However I know somebody with a 12/12 replica who I can check with during the week.

regards

Tom
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2005 :  08:34:26  Show Profile
I don't know if it is a 'standard' arrangement, but the exhaust manifold on my "Q" replica P-type had a lug welded on the underside of one of the pipes. From here, a long, tapering (and slightly cranked) bracket connected with a 1/4" nut/bolt, the other end connecting with the top starter-motor mounting bolt. If you have concerns, I guess you could do something similar?

Edited by - kimber on 29/03/2005 08:35:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000