Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Children in MMM cars?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  11:57:50  Show Profile
Life is one big risk, from the day you are concived to the day you die. last week In the UK we had the tragic story of the year old beautiful baby boy being walked in his buggy, when a lamp post fell on him! Sadly he died a few days later in hospital! I have never cossited my daughter, I have always incouraged her to go for it regardless of the danger. ( except when boys were involved if you know what I mean) I think we spend too much time worring about our off spring and not enough time letting them enjoy the fun in life along with the dangers involved. Look how silly it's all become, can,t play conkers can't climb trees, have to ask permission to throw a snow ball at someone. People who take risks have a better life with more expearances and die a happier person at what ever age the grim reaper decides!

Life by Rodney!

Edited by - Rodney Collins on 28/02/2010 17:42:58
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  20:07:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Collins

Life is one big risk, from the day you are concived to the day you die. last week In the UK we had the tragic story of the year old beautiful baby boy being walked in his buggy, when a lamp post fell on him! Sadly he died a few days later in hospital! I have never cossited my daughter, I have always incouraged her to go for it regardless of the danger. ( except when boys were involved if you know what I mean) I think we spend too much time worring about our off spring and not enough time letting them enjoy the fun in life along with the dangers involved. Look how silly it's all become, can,t play conkers can't climb trees, have to ask permission to throw a snow ball at someone. People who take risks have a better life with more expearances and die a happier person at what ever age the grim reaper decides!

Life by Rodney!

Would you have this man manage your investments

Only joking Rodney. I like the sentiments expresssed in your note.

Peter

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  10:07:50  Show Profile
Peter,
my very rich clients (and I mean seariously rich) are in every single case the ones who through their lives have taken the most risks!!! Interesting!!

Rodney (your soon to be retired wealth management consultant).
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  22:06:10  Show Profile
Yes ,life is one big risk, and yes, super safety nuts do not drive around with gasoline (petrol) tanks on the back of their cars when there are millions of poor drivers on the road looking at their cell phones and texting a message to their friends and not looking ahead at the MMM car waiting at a traffic light. All that said and understood, we however can't necessarily make that decision for our grandchildren whose parents want their children protected by a seat belt. Thus these wonderful responses on taking risks begs the original question.

Mike L

Edited by - leckstein on 01/03/2010 22:12:31
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  22:22:01  Show Profile
Thanks for replies, guys.
I'm finding the NZ regs interesting, thanks.

I put my own kids at risk in my J2 in the 80's, but that was MY decision.
The risk may be only .0005% or whatever, but if it's your child.... they are 100% dead.

So, whatever I fit, the final decision will be made by the parents of my grandchildren.

Zoom zoom

Brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000