Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Beggars Roost 80 !
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  20:51:03  Show Profile
I am heading down to Beggars Roost tomorrow hoping to see some wonderful 'M' Types in action!

Unfortunately mine is not quite ready yet, but I am really looking forward to seeing and talking to fellow owners.

I am sure it will spur me on in my restoration!

See you there!

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  21:17:48  Show Profile
Just got back home from Beggars Roost!

It was fantastic and brilliant!

I took the whole family along who also enjoyed it, but not as quite as much as me!

It was really good to chat to everyone and meet new friends, we were all made to feel really welcome, especially as it was the first event that we had been to. Thanks to everyone who was there!

I got to see many 'M' Types and also give a few a helping push up the hill! It was really good to see our cars being used for what they were made for!

Why do we drive modern cars!?!

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  20:06:48  Show Profile
Glad you enjoyed it. It was a good occasion for like minded people to meet and socialize and use the cars.
I also did the Exeter Centenary trial in mine first then did the Beggars Roost on Sunday.
Not content with that on the way home I went through the ford at Tarr Stepps - an old trials venue!
The mileometer does not tally with the actual miles due to four speed gear box, but I estimate I did about 485 miles at 37 mpg. Not bad for an 80 year old car.

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  16:07:59  Show Profile
Just like to say my thanks to Alan and Mike for organising a brilliant and enjoyable event - also to those hardy souls like Dave who came along to encourage us with cheers and applause only to find themselves having to give a great deal more in the way of pushing and shoving and generally getting muddy. Thanks to you all as without you far fewer ascebts would have been achieved.
Needless to say the company was great together with the food and beer. Also a special thanks to Ken Martin and Mike Bradbury who in addition acted as our rearguard on our return trip across a rather misty Exmoor, and also to Andy King who was able to provide an all important bolt for our return journey on Sunday. Thanks.
Philip and Wendy
Go to Top of Page

RBK

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  01:01:39  Show Profile
Many thanks to all for making the event so enjoyable, successful and for meeting so many lovely people! There are some photos that you can see on the following links:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beckyxrx/sets/72157624177342934/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb-k/sets/72157624130154701/

Hope you enjoy looking at them and hope to add to them soon with photos from other happy snappers!

Rach B-K
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000