Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type Engine Fan - Original Option ??
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan F

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  23:24:29  Show Profile
I recently unearthed an engine fan that I was told fit a P type. It is not new and came with a pulley to drive the fan. I was told it was an option with the P type. Has anyone heard of such a thing. It certainly looks vintage. The holes line up and it doesn't look homemade. Any ideas ??
Thanks,
Dan

Chris Bucknell

Australia
107 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  08:43:24  Show Profile
My understanding Dan is that there was an option for a fan but I have never seen an original one.
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  10:56:02  Show Profile
My P-type had a pulley but no fan.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  14:39:25  Show Profile
The PA/PB Parts List identifies part number 348/128 as a Fan Pulley (pages 10-11), but I'll be darned if I can find a fan listed.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  17:07:45  Show Profile
I too have a fan which fits my P - it came along with a box of bits when I bought the car, and bolts on in place of the engine/radiator bracket, which was absent on my car. I used it for a while but it was replaced by a water pump when the blower came along...

I believe it was an option for cars in sunnier climes. My car spent some time in Germany post war, but I don't think that qualifies as significantly sunnier than the UK...

Cheers,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:39:19  Show Profile
Pics of fan as promised - I believe this to be an original option but am not sure...

Front view:

Rear view:

The car was also equipped with a pulley (damaged) and I ran with the fan for a while - I can't recall if it made a significant difference, I'm afraid!

Cheers,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  14:52:33  Show Profile
Graham:
Thanks for the photo> Mine looks alittle different. been feeling a little under the weather for a while, but when I feel better, I post a picture.
Thanks,
Dan

Edited by - Dan F on 06/07/2010 14:55:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000