Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Water Temperature
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2010 :  12:18:37  Show Profile
Help would be appreciated on the following, for my PA.

Is it possible and to have the Jaeger water temperature gauge/thermowell repaired, mine worked OK until removed from the car and now only registers 30deg in boiling water! Alternatively the source of a replacement.

Also after reading the technical missives re fitting a thermostat, where can I source Quinton Hazel FTK 009 thermostat as suggested, or other suitable in-line unit.
Regards
Jack

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
990 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2010 :  17:21:49  Show Profile
I've been following the same threads, and have found this site:

https://www.rapidcarparts.co.uk/quinton-hazell-renault-11-thermostat-kit-1397cc-ohv-c1j760-4-c1j770-c2j764-83anddeg;c-1.4-1983-1989-qth114k_c353409-p-147877.html

If you check the cross references you'll find that it is the same as FTK007, which I think is the one you mean. I haven't yet bought one, so can't confirm definitively that this is correct, but it seems right.

Several suppliers of vintage gauges can supply a Smith's instrument which should do (I've got an old Smith's one from an autojumble, reading both Fahrenheit and centigrade. Paul Beck lists CA721 on this page (centigrade only, I think):
http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+accessories~gauges,+instruments+and+pumps/

Cheers,

Colin.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2010 :  22:08:45  Show Profile
Jack.
I'm pretty sure Chris Clarke can repair/restore your temperature gauge and sensing phial - Tel: 01773 550485, Address: The Hermitage,1 Pump Yard, Turnditch, Derby, Derbyshire DE56 2LH.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2010 :  09:07:46  Show Profile
Hi All

Check the internal dia of your top hose before fitting thermostat, I chose the Halford thermostat and found that the flange that holds the 2 parts of the thermo together makes it very difficult to push it into the hose (S&V Kevlar re inforced internal dia 38mm).

To solve the problem I ground off the flange, secton by section and silver soldered as each section was removed.

Checked the Thermo after soldering in case surplus solder had also soldered the bellows together.

Also remember to drill holes in perimeter of the thermo flange

Then placed the hose in hot water and pushed the thermo in, have not pushed it all the way at the moment just in case!! It is still a tight fit

I guess that fitting the thermo into an old hose may not give the same problem.

Also Jack, I suggest the you check the "archived" search on the subject of Thermostats.

Plenty of info available.

Hope that this ramble is useful.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  12:05:32  Show Profile
Thanks Bruce,

I have contacted Chris, and yes he can help me.

Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000