Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG 80
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  11:04:29  Show Profile
As folks may know, the MGCC is celebrating the 80th anniversary of its foundation on 12th October 1930 with celebrations over the weekend of the 16th-17th October.

The plan is for the celebratory event to start in New Zealand early in the morning and travel westwards around the globe, passing through Kimber House, Abingdon, UK at noon and finishing in Alaska late that evening.

Details can be seen at http://www.mgcc.co.uk/mg80

The purpose of this posting is to ask what Triple-M owners may be planning to do over these two celebratory days. Maybe you plan to hitch onto one of the events being organised by a MGCC Centre or Branch in your area? Or maybe you would prefer a Triple-M-specific activity - perhaps a road run in your respective Regions to a place of interest with suitable libations upon arrival?

Could you please reply to say what you might like to do? If there is sufficient interest, one or more road runs might be organised, but we'd need to know in good time.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  17:35:36  Show Profile
Dick

I'll be honest, I have read a couple of articles about this 'event' in Safety Fast and ended up feeling that I didn't quite understand what it was really telling me. I suppose it's beacuase when you read about the celebration of some anniversary you are expecting to read what events are taking place. In this instance the ending was "What are you going to do?" My thoughts were "Me? I don't know."

So it is good to read your proposal. I guess the answer to your question is that I would most probably particpate in a MMM run if it is on the Sunday (or maybe the Saturday I'm not sure if I am free at the moment) and is within a reasonable distance from Northampton.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

David R

United Kingdom
289 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  23:21:41  Show Profile
Dick

Tyne-Tees Centre is organising a special luncheon run on 17 October as part of MG80,starting at the Angel of the North and finishing at Heddon-on-the-Wall.

J 3355 will be taking part,and while not quite 80 it is the oldest car in the Centre.

David R
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  15:16:34  Show Profile
Hi all,

A plan for Southern members is to drive from the Rowebuck Inn, near Stevenage to the MGCC Club Headquarters in Abingdon. Personally. living near Abingdon, I dont want to drive to Stevenage to come back again, so I plan to meet the intrepid travellers at the Lambert Arms, just off the M40, mear Watlington, for lunch, and then drive to Abingdon. If anyone cares to join in, in a Triple-M car, you will be welcome. Those requiring lunch at the Lambert Arms would be advised to prebook direct with the hotel.

For the record, the Lambert Arms has Triple-M connections dating back to the 1930's, when it was a staging point on the MGCC Chiltern Trials. If anyone would care to join me, we can travel in convoy, along the B4009 towards Abingdon, and approach through Clifden Hampden, and other well-recorded publicity photo spots which have changed little in the past 80 years.

The distance from the Lambert Arms to Abingdopn is around twenty miles. I hope to meet sonme of you.

Mike Allison
Go to Top of Page

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  18:30:39  Show Profile
Mike.
What day were you planning to lunch at the Lambert Arms and drive in to Abingdon.
If on Sunday it would make a good day out.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  20:22:41  Show Profile
Hello Ronald

The event is on Sunday 17th October.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked