Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 downloading a picture
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  18:48:13  Show Profile
Have just tried to do this from Flikr but the format seems to have changed.Items 1-4 of the instructions dont seem to be there now. Can someone post some up to date instructions please.
Many thanks

TH

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  19:55:57  Show Profile
Terry,

Terry,

I am looking into the problem at present. I know that VSCC members are moaning as well about Flikr's changes, one VSCC member suggested using Photobucket as it is much simpler so I am investigating that as well.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  00:14:32  Show Profile
I am trying to upload a picture via Photobucket, if it appears it is very easy to upload.

Peter

Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  00:19:09  Show Profile
IT WORKED, it was very easy. I will post instructions as to what to do on the 'Document Download' page of this website but it will not be until Monday as I am busy this weekend.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3099 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  11:50:47  Show Profile
Flikr still works fine but the change is confusing at first.Flikr do not seem to apreciate that the change needed to be explained.

When you bring your Flikr photo up in "all sizes",choose the size and right click on the picture, which will bring up a list which includes 'Properties'.Left click on 'Properties' and this will bring up another list which includes the 'url' which you highlight and copy.Then continue in the familiar way and paste the 'url' as normal.

This change really annoyed me but you will soon find it easy.

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 26/09/2010 11:52:50
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  23:27:45  Show Profile
I have put some revised instructions onto the ‘Technical Document’ section of the ‘Document Downloads’ page of this website on how to add pictures to a Forum posting via Flickr, the previous instructions have been removed. I have also added instructions on adding pictures via Photobucket.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  23:38:53  Show Profile
Thanks Sam it works if you follow your instructions.

TH
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  09:19:22  Show Profile
Hi All

Heres my attempt at downloading with the new Flickr instructions

Thanks to Peter for sparing the time to sort out this hiccup.

I have not tried the Photobucket site, however on reading Peters instructions it appears straight forward.

Regards

Russ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000