Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 willie mckenzie mg spares
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

littlemtype

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2010 :  21:17:08  Show Profile
ive come accross this man willie mckenzie he's very helpfull. he makes radiator shells, new bonora (cmi) caps, bonnet catches, steering wheels, head lamps, this is where vintage mg parts get there parts from. his number is 01202 694351

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2010 :  13:02:04  Show Profile
This company are mainly a supplier to the MG trade and supply companies like S&V and Walker etc. They will retail certain products to the general public if in stock although not usually at trade prices. They do use the Vintage MG Parts name to raise their own kudos of the parts they sell and we have set elements of the specification for the new caps about to be released which also applies to our own bonnet catch product.

McKenzie's name is not new to the MMM forum. I am very much aware that David Smith (littleMtype) is not a supporter of Vintage MG Parts but he should realise that Mr McKenzie only contributes 4 components to our entire catalogue range which does not include dashlamps!

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 20/11/2010 13:07:15
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2010 :  18:03:18  Show Profile
Willie McKenzie is mainly an Austin 7 parts supplier, he only manufacurs a few bits for MG's.
I have known about him for around 15 years and I have bought parts from him many times when I kept several 7's.
His work is very good but I once waited over a year and a half for a pair of early chummy side screen frames.
So David, if you are not in any hurry you may get him to make you a windscreen by 2012 - 13 if you are lucky.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2010 :  18:15:03  Show Profile
Agreed. Good quality work.

Leave off the knocking copy about suppliers except where really justified. Imagine doing without them.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000